PDA

View Full Version : Holiday retainer

twiggy
04-06-2010, 06:59 AM
I have a child who attends term time only on Mondays and Tuesday. This week the child didn't attend Monday as it was the bank holiday and I do not charge for bank holidays. The parents had originally asked if their child could attend with a sibling who I don't normally have on Tuesday and then changed it to Thursday.

My query is should I still charge a retainer for the one child for Tuesday?

Also another of my parents who is also term time only has an occassional day off next Monday as her school is shut, she has choosen not to send the child. Should I charge full fee for Monday bearing in mind she has just had 4 days off at half fee and a bank holiday with no charge.

Just when I think I have worked out how i'm charging something seems to crop up I hadn't thought about.

hello kitty
04-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Strictly speaking you could charge for the Tuesday as that is her contracted day and also for the Thursday for both of them as additional days.

The second query depends on exactly what her contracts says, it is term time so you can charge for it as she has chosen to take it as holiday however she may argue it is holiday as it is tagged onto the half term break, tricky one! :cool:

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Inset days are term-time days so I would charge for these.

I would charge your mindee for both Tues and Thurs as someone else has said but only charge the sibling for day they came.

For future ad hoc days for mindee or sibling though I'd have a holiday bookign form which states that once booked, days are paid for and have the parents sign the form so they know they have to pay:)

miffy
04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Inset days are term-time days so I would charge for these.

I would charge your mindee for both Tues and Thurs as someone else has said but only charge the sibling for day they came.

I would do the same.

I also charge for ad-hoc days once booked even if the parents change their mind, saves me being messed about :)

Miffy xx

twiggy
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Thank you all for your advise. I will charge a retainer for the Tues parent and full fee for next Monday.