PDA

View Full Version : saturday only care?

aly
03-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Does anyone do a saturday only care?

I've just approached someone who wants saturday only care for her 6&8 year old for about 7 hours {not sure exactly what hours yet}

so I'm wondering what you charge over your normal rate?...or whether you do just charge your normal rate?

My normal rate is £3.50 an hour or a full day rate of £30, but as it is the weekend I'm wondering should I charge more and by how much?

thanks

xx

wendywu
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I would charge £80 per day for the two of them.

But if you get full mon to fri are you sure you want to work 6 days per week :eek:

caz3007
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I was approached a while back for only Saturday care, but turned it down. If it was a younger child I may have considered it, as it would integrate easier with my family, even if I needed to go shopping, but did feel older childrens needs would be different and it would impact on our family time.

If you do decide to do it, then it would definately be at premium rate, probably 1.5 times my normal rate

aly
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks all.

wendywu...I dont necessarily work a full week., I did this week as it was half term but I've jsut finished my after schoolies and i only have part-timers so my usual days off are mon wed & fri but have just taken on a shift worker where i will have the child either 2 maybe 3 days a week, some week I dont have him.

xx

Heaven Scent
03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I do some sats & I charge £3.60 p.h. for Mon - Fri but £5.00 p.h. for a sat between the hours of 8 - 6. Some people (parents) get paid more for working week ends and others don't so if you need the work then don't price yourself out of the market take a look and see what others in your area are charging. If you charged £5.00 p.h. for both children and give a 10% discount for the second child you would get £66.50 for the day and if they can fit in with your family routine on a Sat - if not then you need to give it a miss as your family come first!!!

Hebs
03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I work 6 days x

Have 10 month old and 3 year old siblings

I charge slightly more x

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't do it honey:panic:

monkey62
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I do have a 1 year old, saturdays only, I charge £ 6.50 an hour for a minimum of 8 hours ( I don't sacrifice my saturday for 3-4 hours).
I charge only for days when she is coming( usually 2-3 saturdays in a month) otherwise I encourage parents to use me when they are enjoy a day off shooping.....

Don't feel quilty to charge little more as some of the parents may get time and half or double pay in a weekend anyway and if not then that's not your problem....
One of the faimous models said she won't get out of the bed for less $10.000....way should you work for nothing on saturday?????

aly
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
thaqnks all.

she has made contact and ive told her £5 an hour and 10%for 2nd sibling so knows it would be £95for the saturday, she said the only problem she could see is the distance but she said I am the only one that hascontacted her so far so we shall see.

thanks again

xx

tulip0803
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't know about the courses in your area but first aid, food hygiene & child protection are all on Saturdays here. You may need to put in the contract that you are legally obliged to attend CSSIW required courses which are normally on Sats so care could not be offered on those days - but they are only every 3 years. Just so it is on top of your holiday entitlement.

aly
06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't know about the courses in your area but first aid, food hygiene & child protection are all on Saturdays here. You may need to put in the contract that you are legally obliged to attend CSSIW required courses which are normally on Sats so care could not be offered on those days - but they are only every 3 years. Just so it is on top of your holiday entitlement.

Yeah I thought about that today, will email the person now so they know wellin advance lol..yesmine are usually saturdays here.

x