PDA

View Full Version : looking for courses in hertfordshire!

v 1461
03-06-2010, 08:22 PM
hello,

I would like to update some of my courses but can't seem to find any in hertfordshire.
I need first aid, child protection,food& hygiene.
I saw st john's ambulance had some but very expensive.
youninherts had a few but all fully booked.
where should I go? any ideas? are online courses any good ?
thank you
v

Playmate
03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi I live in Herts to, I know first aid is now booked until September, but hubby has put himself on waiting list (1st on list) and has been told quite alot of people do cancel at last minute (in fact he had to cancel the one he originally booked) so may be worth looking at. New courses will be on in September but imagine window should be open to book possibly july or August (if I find date I will pm you). Food hygiene can be done on line as can child protection. If you ring YIH they will tell you how to go about it. Alternatively with first aid do you know anyone else who needs to update,because if you can get enough people you could book a private course, where abouts are you? feel free to pm me.

v 1461
03-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Hello Sally,

the online courses you said, are they the one from UKVC ?
are they recognised by ofsted? I saw them but fund they were expensive..
I might phone YIH and ask them.
thank you
( I am from hemel Hempstead, and we met at some childminder meeting years ago..)
v

Playmate
03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
ooops! new I should change my user name before my dreaded past came back to haunt me :panic: Was I the CDO doing your pre reg meeting? (as that was my area) I wonder how many other Herts CM's there are on this forum who know me but keeping quiet :laughing:

Courses are definately recognised, but I think are run by YIH, so best to ring for details, they certainly are not expensive. Hth

huggableshelly
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
hi V

an email came through a few days ago from windmill CC stating they have spaces for first aid training at Gally Hill. i didnt keep the email but give them a call.

I didnt hold back Sally ... hee hee

Playmate
03-06-2010, 09:19 PM
hi V

an email came through a few days ago from windmill CC stating they have spaces for first aid training at Gally Hill. i didnt keep the email but give them a call.

I didnt hold back Sally ... hee hee Glad you didn't :clapping: I'm sure there is more hiding in the closet :laughing:

Thats useful info, can you remember when the course was running? Micks 1st aid runs out on Monday :blush:

huggableshelly
03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
nope sorry. i didnt read it fully as did my training in jan.

I've checked my delete box too but its gone, I'm not much use there huh :blush:

Playmate
03-06-2010, 09:36 PM
nope sorry. i didnt read it fully as did my training in jan.

I've checked my delete box too but its gone, I'm not much use there huh :blush:

Don't worry thank you for looking :D

v 1461
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Sally,

You can't hide anymore...we found you again!!
I saw your website and recognise you..
v

TheBTeam
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
HI, I have pm'd you as have an email re first aid from childrens centre.