PDA

View Full Version : confused-think i need to start over

devoncm
27-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Ok ive not been doing too badly when it comes to recording what ive brought for childminding and the income side, but when i was filling out the bit on gas elec water rent etc i got confused, OH said to put in what we pay each month but now after reading some of the topics on her (which made me none the wiser)im thinking i should have used percentage of it and put that instead?
Please can someone let me know the right way, thank you in advance guys.

sarah707
27-03-2008, 10:30 AM
This explains it... it's percentages depending on how much you work - not based on what you earn, but the hours you do ... :D

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

venus89
27-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Tanks for that - I've been wondring aboutthat too x

venus89
27-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm term time only at the moment and my hours vary weekly as I mind fora teacer currently doing supply work - should I just average out my hours at te end of the month and divide it by 4 to get an average weely income/hours worked?

sarah707
27-03-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm term time only at the moment and my hours vary weekly as I mind fora teacer currently doing supply work - should I just average out my hours at te end of the month and divide it by 4 to get an average weely income/hours worked?

Not always 4 weeks in a month! Beware! :panic:

venus89
27-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh good point.... there should be, though, just to make things much simpler. :idea:

devoncm
27-03-2008, 11:33 AM
thanks for that, ive now worked out my weekly hours from when i started in feb, first week i only worked 4.55 hours! plaesed to say tho that the hours are working there way up, this month is low as i had two weeks in florida at beginning then my after school mindee has had two weeks off too nd although he is only 2 hours he has been my most constant. ive already workd out aprils hours with the children i have at moment and its jumped to 80 hours-pleased for me i am.
Anyway think i understand it a little better now so thanks.