PDA

View Full Version : Double Buggy

scully
03-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I need to get a double buggy but have heard good & bad things about both styles.

Which sytle is best & is easiest to push?

Thank you,

Carol x :)

TammyN
03-06-2010, 01:04 PM
ive got an umbrella fold double, it's lightweigt and does the job for me, mainly used in and out of car for school runs, etc.

Tinglesnark
03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
i have a nipper out and about 360 - i adore it! and an icandy pear (about to list the icandy on ebay)
come over and try them both and see which you like
x

diamond
03-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I have a phil and teds....... it's brilliant. :)

AliceK
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I have a phil and teds....... it's brilliant. :)

I agree :thumbsup: Worth spending the money.

xxxxx

onceinabluemoon
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I have a maclaren twin techno and a phil and teds sport double, they're both good for different things...

Phil and teds is all terrain (sort of...) and easier to push with heavier children in but 2 children can not lie down to sleep in it nad its a bit tippy going up steep curbs etc when heavy children or shopping is laden into it. You cannot use the basket for shopping / nappy stuff when there a child in the back but you can purchase saddle bags. It can be altered to be one buggy when you only need a single and can hold a peanut pram to lay flat or a car seat with extra connectors. Can be used over bumpy ground and the beach (but hard work on the beach). Sport has nice long straps and fits kids up to 4 years old. You can buy replacement parts and fit them yourself if capable.

Techno is wider, good for two newborns up and 2 children can lay back flat to sleep in it, but a bit harder to push. You can use the baskets with two children in but not if they are both laid flat (they do lay flat too not tilted at all). It can only be a twin and does not hold a carrycot or car seat. Almost impossible to push over bumpy ground or the beach. NO replacement parts for end user to fit, when elbow joint are gone buggy is knackered but does come with a lifetime guarantee for parts (see sovereign warranty)

They both fold up to similar sizes.

I cannot make up my mind which I should sell and which to keep which is why I have both...

diamond
04-06-2010, 07:12 AM
I forgot to say I still have my Techno double buggy too and agree that both this and the phil and teds are very good although the techno is heavier to push but great for carrying all the extras. Phil and teds is very limited with space so I have to think what I really need to take with me when I go out.
I think I will keep both for now.......just in case. :)

HomefromHome
04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
have had tandems - but prefer side by sides
had a maclaren techno twin traveller (til it got nicked!) which is lightweight, ideal for newborns. only poor thing i found it is hard to lean back just with handles (for getting up kerbs) and you need to lever the back brace with your foot. other than that brill - and all this stuff bout trapped fingers - sorry but why are people opening and shutting buggies with kids in or near?!
i now have a bruin double trouble and this is even better; lighter and can manouvre up kerbs just by applying pressure to handles.
obviously these are the cheaper options so if you have dosh then some of the lighweight weight tandems might be better -

best advice is to go and have a play in a large mothercare!!!!!!!!!! then look on ebay etc!!!!

miffy
04-06-2010, 07:59 AM
I'd go to a shop and try a few out.

Ones with big wheels were much easier to push in the snow this year!

Miffy xx