PDA

View Full Version : Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather!

terrydoo73
03-06-2010, 10:16 AM
We have had a glorious couple of days here in Northern Ireland with wall to wall sunshine - just to uplifting!

However my mindees are not enjoying it! The twins I look after go to bed around mid day so are not out in the heat at the critical times but the other one I look after aged 4 1/2 just cannot settle to play outside. She seems to get bored very easily and prefers to be inside watching a DVD. I do not give in to her however as I feel we have had too many days just lazing about!!

It is not to say I haven't enough toys outside - sand and water trays, playhouses, slides, rockers, ride ons, tea set and dolls house, tractors and diggers and she can bring out any number of puzzles, games, books, playdough that she wants because there are tables galore to work on. She still insists on a toy that is not out however which is very annoying because no sooner have you brought it out of the playroom but she walks away and plays with something entirely different.

The twins I notice do get fed up quickly as well and end up getting into more mischief that anything else but I can usually channel that energy into something more constructive! I have a little dwarf rabbit in our yard in a well enclosed cage and just yesterday I watched them poking their fingers in without realising they were trying to feed it sand!! Then I noticed them trying to climb over the gate to get beyond the wall - the gate is adult size and they were quite a way up very quickly! They also find dirt in the most unbelievable ways - yesterday I had to spend a good hour brushing a section of the concreted yard!

Is it the weather that makes them like this or boredom? I thought I had everything sussed in terms of play and activities but obviously not!

sandy64
03-06-2010, 12:42 PM
hi yes its nice here too only got baby didnt come till 12 and is in bed now but weve been in garden usually come in for a couple of hrs in afternoon if it gets to hot but my lo really love being out in all weather so i have opposite problem lol what about a paddling pool and homemade ice lollys thats cooling

miffy
03-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Lovely weather here too.

Sounds like your little ones are just wanting to explore everything rather than play with the toys you've put out.

What about some sand or water play does that absorb them for a longer time? Mine had great fun last week with a couple of inches of water in the tuf spot, some stones, shells and a few sea creatures - when they got fed up with that they quickly found things from around the garden to see if they floated or sank.

Miffy xx

Minstrel
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I do NOT like it!

Luckily my garden is fairly shaded in at least one area during the day. I feel bad that i don't mingle with them out in the sun but i just can't face it. I'm nearly 27 weeks pregnant now, so all of the summer i will be like this :(

little_gems
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
i have to say i'm loving the weather today. Mindee's havent come and mum just phoned to say they wont be coming tomorrow either so my kids have got the big paddling pool out.

Me, hubby and kids have just had massive water fight!!!:laughing: