PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to scrap banks

Jules12Wed
03-06-2010, 07:25 AM
We have a local scrap bank which is great for getting crafts bits and bobs.

Yesterday they had a sale of a mixture of stuff. I got some excellent new books. Some of the larger hard back books had dents in the spine etc but a £12.99 book for 50p what does it matter.

Got 4 books from the series this is my faith, Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Hinduism all for 50p each.

Got one lo a large hard back Thomas the Tank book said £14.99 on the back (for 50p) so when she gave it to her Dad I took pleasure is saying I'd bought it for her, didn't say for 50p.

I also bought a ikea table the plastic type thick and chunky for £1.50 and a ride on digger for £1.

Came home with my boot full.

AnnieM
03-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow, that sounds fantastic. :clapping: I didn't realise scrap stores sold stuff like that, thought it was just scrap art type materials. I have been looking at joining one near me, there is one in Sheffield and one in Mansfield and as you have to pay to join I only want to join one. so if anyone has any knowledge of either I would be very grateful.

Can't believe the bargains you got. :thumbsup:

mama2three
03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Im going to have a look round the mansfield one before i decide whether to join , its £25 a year ...will let you know when i have !
I used to use an amazing one in middlesbrough years ago , but it was definately all scrap , nothing like Jules found!

Twinkles
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow Jules - bargains !! Where is the store/bank ?

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-06-2010, 10:48 AM
We have a recycling shop which I guess is much the same, I bought 2 weeks a go a little tikes coupe car for £4.00 it only needed a good clean the kids love it. x

Jules12Wed
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Wow Jules - bargains !! Where is the store/bank ?

It is in Chadwell St Mary. about 5 minutes from Dartford Tunnell.

I joined as an organisation i.e. for my Church so we can have more than one card as a teacher friend of mine also has a card on my account to use but it was only about £11 for annual membership.