PDA

View Full Version : Tick charts

snufflepuff
02-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I have a tickchart in my Learning Journals (from the forum) and write the date that each point is covered (so it can be linked to the evidence eg observation, activity on the childs individual planning, photograph, piece of artwork etc)
Just wondering though, do you do this for everything eg every observation, every planned activity, every wow moment, every photo etc? Or do you just do it for full observations only?
I think im confusing myself becuase when i worked as a nursery nurse, using the birth to three framework, we could only highlight and date things on the tickcharts if we had a full observation to back it up, and not just because it was something a child achieved from an activity.
I hope that makes some sense!!

miffy
02-06-2010, 08:31 PM
As long as it makes sense to you then it's fine. You need to show the child's starting points and how they've progressed - how you evidence that is your choice. I don't see why you need a full observation for everything as long as you can back up what you're saying.

Miffy xx

snufflepuff
02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Everything gets a link to EYFS- photos, full obs, short post it note obs, drawings etc. So yes i suppose the evidence is there.
Does anyone else do something similar?
I know they dont really like us to use tick charts but its more for my benefit that anything else, so i know im covering everything and to help me see what areas might need working on.