PDA

View Full Version : Not been paid.....ggggrrrrr

NaggyNat
02-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Soooo angry!

I mind a neighbours daughter and they may me monthly in arrears. They have just come back from a week in Cornwall which I know isn't cheap and come back armed with two rabbits and a big hutch!

Knocked at the door this morning grovelling! He said he has to prioritse who they owe money too....car needed work doing and the washing machine packed up so they need to pay for that....they said they hoped I understood and would be lenient with them and accept one third of what they owe me. I had a house full of children when he knocked and was a bit taken aback, especially as he told me he had borrowed money form someone.

He shouldnt even be telling me stuff about his financial situation to that extent...its professional and he isnt a friend! So him prioritisin gme as last is a total insult....if you cant afford childcare dont go and buy two rabbits and a hutch then come in here and say what you have bought when you cant pay me!!! He said he will have money to me by Wednesday.....grrrrrr, I was relying on that money!!!

I charge £5 per day the payment is late, Im such a softie and I know I need to toughen up and charge him this....if he gets away with it this month he will think he can every other month!!!

Soooooo angry....and to top it off, he picked his daughter up at 6pm and didnt leave my house untul 6.45pm!!!!!!

Sorry to rant but day from Hell is just getting worse xxxx

marzi
02-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Not a thought for you, you have people to pay too! Maybe you should 'prioritise' who gets childcare and make sure he's last :angry:

vickieford85
02-06-2010, 07:50 PM
(((()))))) big hugs, I know that feeling too 2 of my 4 parents are bad payers. I has stated now that if arrears go more than a more my month noticed will be served. And I wouldn't mind but both sets of bad payers get it paid for by tax credits GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cuddlybunny38
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Nat add on the late fee, it will make a difference, have done this twice and she was never late paying again. I know we should all get paid in advance but in some cases if we need the work we have to compramise(sp) and be paid in arrears.Really hope he sorts it out. x

Alibali
03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
How rude! Make sure you charge in advance next time and don't let him get off with it.

Curly Quavers
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
If it were me I would sit down and do a letter to say on this occasion you will accept late payment however from now on you want payment weekly in advance. If payments are not made childcare will not be provided.

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:34 AM
If it were me I would sit down and do a letter to say on this occasion you will accept late payment however from now on you want payment weekly in advance. If payments are not made childcare will not be provided.

I would write a letter to allowing them a weeks grace. I would tell them how upset I was they felt I wasn't high priority:panic: :panic: considering I care for their children. I would also emphasise that this has caused problems with your bank standing orders and your own bills which need paying. Remind them, this is your salary.

Tell them late fees will be added for any unpaid balance from next Monday and in future if payment is not on time, then late fees will be added from day 1. I might also be tempted to say that in future if fees are not on time, you might consider suspending care until bills are setttled.

Poor you hon. Good luck