PDA

View Full Version : I'm so angry and upset

little_gems
02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I sent a complaint to ofsted on the 19th april about my inspection on the 7th april. I was told that i'd have a answer by the 21st may....
20th may i recieved an e-mail saying that they hadn't finished the investigation and they would let me no by the 4th june!!

Today i get a nother e-mail saying they still havent decied and will contact me soon.
No date nothing just SOON!!!

I spoke to the lady dealing with the complaint last week and explained that my daughter had been very ill recently and was going in for another operation and so this was the last thing i needed hanging over my head. i just want to know what happening and she reassured me that i would have an answer on the 4th then this!!!

I have rang them this afternoon and waiting for someone to get back to me and let me no whats happening.

I'm so close to ringing them up and telling them to forget the complaint.

Waveawand
02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Hiya - didnt want not to send you some sort of response but please dont ring them ! - I know its tempting but these people do things in their own time. What ever it was youve complained about it was important to you so hang on in there - they will come back to you - just try to forget about it for a while and concentrate on your daughter. Its hard I know but you'll end up being even more frustrated - they have their procedures to go through.... Keep your chin up and keep smiling !! :)

mama2three
02-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Thats horrendous. But dont give up , not after all this..plus you know you are in the right and this a*** of an inspector deserves what is coming to him.
I wonder if there is anyone higher you can complain to ...?

miffy
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Contact your MP - an enquiry from him/her should move things along :)

Miffy xx

miffy
02-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Sorry, forgot to say hope your daughter's operation goes well and she's soon feeling better.

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Stand by your guns, don't give up:angry: It will only show up as another complaint sorted out on their stats. Hope your daughters ok:thumbsup:

marzi
02-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I agree, it was important enough to complain about, don't give them the satisfaction! Stick to your guns. I hope your daughters op goes well and she recovers quickly, hopefully they'll sort it out so you can have some peace of mind. Fingers crossed for you x x

wendywu
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
[
QUOTE=miffy;718401]Contact your MP - an enquiry from him/her should move things along :)

Miffy xx[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

The good thing is that they are obviously finding it very hard to dismiss your complaint, and believe me if they possibly could they would.

So just think the longer it takes the more grief you are giving them.

Just concentrate on your daughter.:thumbsup:

breezy
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Totally agree with Miffy and Wendy :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
How frustrating.

I would write to them again attaching a copy of the original letter and all the emails they have sent stating that their reponses and method of dealing with your complaint are unsatifatory. This is an urgent matter as far as you are conerned and that you now have serious family issues and the two concerns are having a detrimental effect on you, would they please inform you in detail how they are dealing with the complaint and when they will be able to give you answers.

I always feel putting something in writing can't be ignored and it is on Ofsteds record so they have to address you issues. If you keep phoning you can be passed from person to person and you get more irritated and you get no where.

I think you have to follow the Complaints proceed to the end before you go to and MP.

Depending on how long they take to respond to you and they reply. Consider telling them you want a panel meeting with them. They have to hold this near your home and at a time that is mutually convenient to you.
It is not as scary as it sounds. i have done this when they as I thought refused me a Variation. There are usually three on the Panel and you are allowed and advised to take someone with you. I find sometimes it is more helpful and less stressful to have a face to face meeting. A Variation that had been absolutely refused was then approved after half an hours meeting and they appologised to me for all the hassel caused to me and the parents of the child concerned. :clapping:

Lots of luck just take a deep breath and keep plodding.

miffy
03-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I think you have to follow the Complaints proceed to the end before you go to and MP.

I don't agree - little_gems has waited the time Ofsted said it would take to give her a decision and they keep fobbing her off. This could go on and on so why should she wait any longer, Ofsted have had a reasonable time to respond and have failed to do so.

Miffy xx

little_gems
03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
well ofsted have just phoned me and said that the investigaiting officer has passed it onto her senior manger and that they cant give a date as to when they think that this will be delt with!!

I explained that i've had a parent come this week who wanted a full time place and had read my report on line and i then had to explain to the parent that a lot of the report was worng!! I FELT SO STUPID!! trying to explain about ofsted.

They just kept saying sorry for the delay and that they couldnt take it off line and there was no safe guarding issues.

wendywu
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM

No you can go to your MP any time you want to during the course of a complaint. I know because i did it.

If you dont like the outcome that Ofsted give you in the end then you have to go to the next step the person who deals with complaints about Ofsted. It was a Elizabeth Derrington 4 years ago.

Oh and i also put in a complaint about the NCMA legal team of Solicitors as well as they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

My advice is to dig in and complain to any one and everyone. You will get what you want in the end.

It is also a good time to put in writing that under no cirumstances will you allow that inspector back into your home for any reason in the future. At least you know that you will not have to put up with her again :mad:

little_gems
03-06-2010, 06:12 PM
it's alright he wont be allowed in my house i said that i dont even want to speak to him on the phone.