PDA

View Full Version : Today I remember why I became a childminder

cuffleygirl
02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Today has been absolutely lovely. Had an 11 year old no show this morning, but hey, we all went on a picnic, my own 4 children plus two little mindees.

We walked from home (live in Norfolk - so beautiful countryside), sun shone, kids played, no one else around it was truly magical - exactly the sort of day why you become a childminder. Like something from an Enid Blyton book!

Would have been fine with 11yo, but was better without tbh (no "I'm bored") as made me realise that I will be picky with hours and ages of mindee's from now on!

TheBTeam
02-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Wednesdays are the day that I like the least at the moment, problem solves itself next week when the two not fond of finish, so today is the day when I wonder why i did!!:laughing:

Sounds like you had a nice time.

cas2805
02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Sounds lovely!

My facebook status a couple of weeks ago was something similar to

Caroline has just watched the swans fly over head and land on the ponds, been to the swings with her son and his friend and fed the ducks, all before 9am!

I love the walk on our school run and I live in Greater London and my friends have said what a lovely tan I have!:jump for joy:

Hebs
02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I have an almost 11 year mindee who i adore! X

AnnieM
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I have an almost 11 year mindee who i adore! X

Me too, I've had him since he was 18 months old and only have him holidays now, so really look forward to them. :thumbsup:

Your day sounds absolutely Perfik..... :D

Blue Boy
02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
We have had a fantastic day. Meet up with some other childminders and spent the day in the park. The little ones were free to run around an just be kids. Now I know why 3 years ago I got out of the Rat Race and became a full time childminder:jump for joy:

Mookins
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
sounds fab hun, love how the sunshine makes everybody soooo happy

i dug out a new flower bed, spent an hour or so on the park then scrubbed a large rug for a friend who has 4 small children and no carpet:eek:

where abouts in norfolk do you live?

sandy64
02-06-2010, 06:24 PM
i had a 11yr old since he was 3mths old he finished last summer was good but was ready for playing out with friends i also finished with a very hard 8yr old i realised how lovely and easier it was just having my under 5s were i wouldnt have older ones again i did it for 18yrs had some great times. so no exactly what you mean:)

Monkey26
02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Two 6year olds were lovely today :) So lovely, polite and helpful :clapping:
Three 1.5year olds not so... :( Refusing to walk properly (all very good walkers normally!)-tripping each other up, shoving etc! Then fighting when i tried to put them in buggy-one of the lil girls has a fantastically loud ear piercing scream when she wants too!
And all of this... at the zoo! So many looks but hey what can you do?! Tomorrow's a new day :-)

vickieford85
02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a lovely day, ww spent the day just out in the garden playing, making, reading books.

A really nice relaxing day

Fabby
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
:) when you read posts like this and replies it really makes you appreciate the job we do!! :) :)