PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! LO keeps pooing his pants

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, I am after a bit of advice. I have a little boy who is 3 tomorrow. He had been potty trained for a couple of months and he is doing really well with going for a wee on the potty/toilet, but will not tell me/mum when he needs a poo and keeps doing it in his pants.

We are on the third pair this morning :( I could smell something so I asked him if he needed a poo - he said NO! so I checked and he had just started doing one! Sat him on the toilet for 20 mins or so, but he didn't do anymore. Put him clean and off he went to play! Went into the wendy house a few minutes later and it stunk :eek: he had gone straight out and pooed in the clean pants! Brought him in, cleaned him up, sat him on toilet for a while again (still nothing), put him clean and off he went! 5 mins or so later one of the lo's came to say they thought he had pooed again, I asked him he said NO! he had!! :angry: we are now on the last pair of pants in his bag :mad:

My problem is he is quite happy to stay in it, he wont come and tell me he needs one or even when he has done it!!! I know mum is also getting frustrated with it, but not really sure what to do!!

By the way it makes no difference if he sits on the toilet or potty, he won't go!! Any advice please :thumbsup:

sfox2003
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Im a new childminder & I have to say I sympathise, I dread potty training mindees. Its different with your own kids, but to have someone elses little accidents all over your home must be very frustrating.

As for your prob. I dont really know, I can only say what we did with our own child. We used to sing a poo poo song while she was on the loo (we just made it up). She liked that. We would make a big fuss of flushing it away & made it good fun, something to look forward to almost! Then we would give stickers each time she poo'd on the potty/toilet. We also did her a lucky dip with very small wrapped up pressies (things like a rubber or a pencil) which she could help herself to if she didnt do any accidents all day.

Must say though my daughter was a bit of a dream to potty train, she was dry day & night within a fortnight at just 21 months old! Im dreading potty training her brother as I know our experience wont be so easy the next time.

Good Luck

babs
02-06-2010, 02:43 PM
a friend of a friend had a l/boy who kept doing this and she meantioned it to HV the reply was yes little boys do seem to like the feeling they get when they poo and will sit in it for hours... not much help but id ask mum to have word with HV i know the HV worked with mum and together they got him though this but sorry cant help in what she did as i never asked.. will ask friend later see if she remembers..

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2010, 02:52 PM
thanks!!! Thought I would be safe after this morning, but he has done it again this afternoon!!! perhaps I should stop giving him lunch :D

its just so annoying!! He will come in from the garden when he needs a wee, but wont tell me even if I am sat next to him when he needs a poo!! Not quite such a problem to notice now I haven't got a stinking cold :laughing:

nikim
02-06-2010, 02:53 PM
i have 2 boys of my own and have potty trained 4 male mindees and yes it does seem to be a boy thing ,i have one little boy at the moment who has been dry for 6 weeks now and hasnt had an accident for weeks ,but still soils himself daily:( , he always tells me he needs a poo but then doesnt go when i sit him on the toilet ,only to go off and play and do it in his pants ,i have tried every trick in the book , and nothing has ever worked on the odd occassion he does go in the toilet he gets a treat and loads of praise so we know he can do it , i just think that with time it will happen, in the right place;)

gigglinggoblin
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Have you tried removing his pants altogether so he has nothing on? Sometimes they dont like the fact that it disappears after they have done it which is what happens when they go to the loo, if they have no pants on that will happen anyway so may as well get the praise for using the toilet. There is no difference pooing in a nappy or in pants for them. This is how I have trained my 3 boys and generally after the first time or two its been fine. I would probably advise parents to do it at home over the weekend tho, not so great at your house!

Tups
02-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I had this problem with mindee in the end i told him if he poos in his pants he wont be able to come to my house anymore after two attempts it worked ive had a few boys like this

angeldelight
03-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh I know how you feel

We have to constantly watch the 3 year old here he is the same

Of course though he " never does it at home " :laughing:

He is done it at nursery a few times now so I am glad its not just me

Not a lot you can do unless you tie a potty to his bum ha ha

Good luck Carolyn

Angel xxx

maryp0ppins
03-06-2010, 07:10 AM
:eek: I have one of these too ....he is 3.4 so a late starter. He is dry & has been for about 3 weeks now but poo's are a nightmare here & at home. Just seems so poo in his pants & its fine, sits & plays as if its the norm. Its only us smelling it that we know. I kind of hope it doesnt happen today cuz we are going out 4 a picnic :(

Chimps Childminding
03-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks, everyone!!! I do know its not just here, although he came in yesterday and mum said he had been on the toilet on Monday, but we had the worst day ever yesterday, 4 times doesn't just do it once and get it over with:panic:

Thought of doing him a chart and bribery (ie pressie), but to be honest don't think even that will work!!! He really doesn't mind being in it!!:eek:

don't have him now till monday, so hoping for a miracle by then :D I only have him on a Monday, but have stopped going out with him at the moment :(

Hebs
03-06-2010, 07:17 AM
my son was the same and it went on til he was 5 or 6, eventually he was diagnosed with dairy intollerance, and as this was making him constipated he would literally hold onto it as long as possible but when they are walking the muscles are moving and they can't stop it, however sit them on the toilet and the muscles stop and they can control it, same thing happens when they are put into a warm bath :D

not fun i know but they dont do this to be stubburn :thumbsup:

loocyloo
03-06-2010, 07:19 AM
i nannied a little boy like this! he was 3 1/2, and would then swear blind he hadn't got poo in his pants! fortunately wee was ok!
we did the wrapped lucky dip, and that worked for us.

but i didn't really mention anything about poo in the pants, we got some new super dooper amazing pants and really focused on keeping the pants clean! so - if his pants were still clean at morning snack time he got a prize, and again at lunch, then school run, then tea, then bath ! we kept to this routine for a couple of days, and if they weren't we just changed pants and carried on till the next point! then slowly made the time longer and longer and by the end of a fortnight he was going all day in the same pants and all poo in the toilet! it was hard to to mention poo though!

i've got a couple of friends with boys who are the same, this approach has worked for one of them, but sadly not for the other so far! ...any other ideas for her would be great!

xxx