PDA

View Full Version : Brain not functioning - help needed

jaz
27-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I have to answer these 2 questions for my NVQ3 and cant think today - any advice gratefully recieved.

1. how can current theories of play inform practice

2. There are competing theories of how children develop and how current theortical views influence practice.

Many thanks in advance

J
xx

Banana
27-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry cant help, im rubbish with this stuff and havnt started my NVQ yet so havnt done any studying on these sort of questions.

Have you researched the net and then you can reference it back if needed?
x

sarah707
27-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Current theories about play - I just did some stuff about this yesterday...

Eg. look at schemas (Athey, 1990)... there are some settings who wholly plan around schemas. They observe the child and provide whatever resources etc are needed to develop the child's developing schemas. there is a worry that you can be a bit anal about it and the child will not develop in other areas if you are looking too hard at one...

Very good stuff here -

http://www.communityplaythings.co.uk/c/ResourcesUK/birthtothrees/typesofplay.htm

I've got 700 words on how the Emilia approach to play influences my setting (all referenced to OU) if you want it, just pm me. :D

jaz
28-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Sarah,

thanks for pointing me in the direction of that website. I will try to get an email address sorted for the other stuff.

J
x