PDA

View Full Version : Still in PJ's????

SammyM
02-06-2010, 07:02 AM
This is my first school holidays of minding, do you make sure your own children are dressed before mindees come (obviously I'm showered and dressed!!!!) my thinking is that its their holidays too so I'm fime with them still being in PJ's (they are 5 & 2)

Whats do you think????

Joannechildmind
02-06-2010, 07:08 AM
i ask my dd what she wants to do, most of the time she wants to be dressed too.

Your right it is there holiday too.

AliceK
02-06-2010, 07:19 AM
The way I look at it is that they spend most of the time being rushed in the morning to be dressed and ready for school so in the hols I'm happy for them to relax a bit in the morning and get dressed later. Mine are 6yrs and 2yrs. You're right, it is their holiday too.

xxxxxxx

onceinabluemoon
02-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Mine are still in bed when mindees come in, but dress before they come downstairs.

charleyfarley
02-06-2010, 07:24 AM
This morning both of mine were still in bed when mindees arrived, as you say it's their holiday as well.

Although as soon as second mindee arrived they both got up, still in night clothes though.

Carol xx

mama2three
02-06-2010, 07:26 AM
I guess it depends what time the mindees come. if its early then definately ok to be in jammies - but it also depends on how 'full on' the mindees are , it might be easier to do before they arrive!

The Juggler
02-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I let them lie in as long as they want but I ask them to get dressed before they come down.

PixiePetal
02-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I let them lie in as long as they want but I ask them to get dressed before they come down.

same here - mine are 16 and 13 though!

Playmate
02-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Lucky if I see mine before midday :D

When they were younger I did insist that if they were downstairs they were dressed.

michellethegooner
02-06-2010, 07:57 AM
mine normally stay in bed (15 & 11) normally they are dressed before they come down but that just cos they choose to, it their holidays as well so I not that bothered,

Rubybubbles
02-06-2010, 08:36 AM
my ds had a pj day yesterday:laughing:

As long as it doesn't effect my work why would it matter is how I see it! He is old enough that when we go the the park to stay for a bit without me so why should he:D

I never comment on how the mindied children are dressed and have seen some outfits that make my son's pj's look gold covered haha!

babs
02-06-2010, 09:34 AM
mine was still in bed at 1.30 yesterday when mindee went home she asked if she could go upstairs and say goodbye to him, hes 18... lol i let her jump on him to wake him up ( best friends daughter ).. then told him to empty the dishwasher and just before we left she shouted up stairs bye paul do the dishes i was giggling all the way to her house...

monkey62
02-06-2010, 09:41 AM
As others said is depending what time your mindees arive and the age of your children. I won't bother much as long you are prepared and your house is ready for minding than thas it.
Don't forget your kids are leaving there, is there house and is..... holiday so is nothing wrong with a PJ day.

maryp0ppins
02-06-2010, 09:58 AM
My two DD's age 11 & 12 do as they please in the mornings, get up when they like, get dressed when they like (unless we all have a planned day out). I'm the CM so as long as im ready for the day then i think its ok! My eldest is still lounging around in her pj's...All the mindee's are settled & getting along with dong our activities which i have set up & i'm writing up my ob's on my pc as they play!

miffy
02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
This is my first school holidays of minding, do you make sure your own children are dressed before mindees come (obviously I'm showered and dressed!!!!) my thinking is that its their holidays too so I'm fime with them still being in PJ's (they are 5 & 2)

Whats do you think????

As you say it's their holiday too and you are happy for them to be in their pj's so that's fine.

Like the others when my children were at home I asked them to be dressed when they came downstairs but that's as teenagers.

Do whatever works for you and your family.

Miffy xx

little_gems
02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
my children are 5 and 2 and some days thier dressed and other days thier not. like others have said they get rushed everyday so i just let carry on with what they want to do.

If we have loads though like on monday then i do make sure their dressed as its easier.

Mollymop
02-06-2010, 04:21 PM
I let my own children have a lay in if they want to. They are 6 and 11.

TheBTeam
02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Mine are 8 and 11 and as long as they are fully covered by their pyjamas I dont mind them keeping them on, I dont make them get up during the holidays, and if I have very early mindees, i keep them quietish until a slightly better hour!

mamasheshe
02-06-2010, 05:50 PM
i start at seven i have dds clothes laid out (aged 5 and two) but there always in pjs :laughing: i explain this when the children settle in I'm always dressed and ready for work :thumbsup:

blue bear
03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
when mine were younger I let them have PJ days especially if wet and cold, let the mindees have PJ days too!! after all it's home from home care as long as they are covered does it matter what they wear?

WibbleWobble
03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
my dd (18) always stayed in bed until 11am during the hols...then wandered down stairs etc...

Now i have schoolie mindees she is up with me at 6.30 and down to welcome them at 7.15am! She loves them especially my 10 yr old mindee..he thinks DD is the best thing ever (DD is the one with autism and she has a learning age of approx 10 so they are well matched....the only thing is she is 5ft10! and he is a small 10yr old)

mandy xxxx

funfunfun
30-07-2010, 07:26 AM
I was thinking the same ...........unsure of asking the children to get dressed b4 coming down myn are 7 & 3 ...............although up tp press they have wanted to get dressed as they know mindee will be dressed when they arrive .

Cammie Doodle
30-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Although we have no kids at home anymore they did not have to be dressed before they came down, its their home . Kids wore shorts and Tshirt type PJ's so it was not always obvious anyway, in fact when son visits now he still comes down in his PJ's and chats to Parents and plays with kids very relaxed and comfortable and Im glad he feels able to do this. I would not want it any other way :thumbsup:

miss mopple
30-07-2010, 08:01 AM
My 4yr old has decided she wants a pj day today. Fine by me as we arent going out. I have insisted she goes up to put knickers on under her nightie though :)

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Mine are always in pj's but usually still in bed

I have been known to answer the door in mine before when people arrive too early!:laughing:

Helen Dempster
30-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I let my son decide (he's 4 years). Most of the time he wants to get dressed, but if he's had a particularly late night (which isn't often), I usually let him sleep in for a while. He comes first. As long as I'm showered and dressed and ready for work when the little ones come knocking, I don't think it's a problem :)

funfunfun
30-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I too have to say i would answer in my pjs if they were early :laughing:

Myn generally want to be dressed , although there are days they dont usually bother :)

JJAY
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Lucky if I see mine before midday :D

When they were younger I did insist that if they were downstairs they were dressed.

Same here. Both mine are teenagers. But definetly dressed before coming down.