PDA

View Full Version : Im so cross !!! childcare.co.uk

funfunfun
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
I went on tonight to see some one had viewed my profile fair enough had a nosie back and they had copied some of my details !! GGGRRRRRR

Im soooooooooooo Cross !!!!

She has copied and pasted this onto her profile !!! all of it word for word .

I have lots of interesting things to do and lots of resources suitable for children between of all ages , such as dress up/role play , small world , musical instruments , lego , playdough , cooking, sewing , painting , puzzles , free play , colouring and lots lots more.

We take regular Day trips & walks to the local park to provide the children with physical exercise and fun :)

I like to encourage healthy eating as much as possible and a child's nutrition is of great importance to me. I provide good quality home cooked meals and snacks on a daily basis for the children.

I wouldnt mind but as you are all aware when doing this it takes ages , to get the woring right !!! :( im so mad !!!!!

Ben10mad
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I had the same last month, i dont know the childminder who viewed mine but she only lives around the corner from me :angry:
I actually emailed her and asked why she'd copyed my profile, didn't get no reply but she then changed it.
I spent ages on my profile and dont appreachiate it when other copy it word for word.
I would email her

candy cat
02-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Annoying...but Stick your head in the air and rise above it.......and just imagine how she can possibly cope with all the paperwork ,especially if she can't even advertise her own business without copying he he :laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Send her an email and tell her that in a past life you were a hotshot lawyer and start talking about copyright and plagerism!!! lol:laughing: :laughing:

i suppose its not to bad if they don't live anywhere near you - still very frustrating though. Mind you they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Playmate
02-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I had my profile viewed by someone in Wales the other day and I live in Hertfordshire Why? :huh:

I also have had a local one view me twice in the last 2 weeks, must admit hadn't thought to check her profile to see if she has nicked any wording, will go back and check now :panic:

sarah707
02-06-2010, 08:02 AM
I suggest you speak to Richard the owner of childcare.co.uk. He comes on here or you can contact him via the website.

Plagiarism isn't very nice I know that, but I usually find if you challenge the person who has stolen your words then they change things.

Sadly, however, as soon as you put anything out there in the public domain it can be copied.

How's the advertising going? Are you getting phone calls? :D

sophiemarie
02-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I would not copy a childminders words as I think you have to offer your own individual service but I did look at other childminders profile when I first registered just to get an idea of what was put on and would have no problem at someone looking at mine as long as they don't copy word for word as that is just rude.

funfunfun
02-06-2010, 08:56 AM
I suggest you speak to Richard the owner of childcare.co.uk. He comes on here or you can contact him via the website.

Plagiarism isn't very nice I know that, but I usually find if you challenge the person who has stolen your words then they change things.

Sadly, however, as soon as you put anything out there in the public domain it can be copied.

How's the advertising going? Are you getting phone calls? :D

I know its just a pain sarah !!

I have had a family come to see me last week and im going to contact them on friday (said id give them a week )

And have some one coming thursday :) fulltime space fingers grossed as this one is to start july .

funfunfun
02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
I would not copy a childminders words as I think you have to offer your own individual service but I did look at other childminders profile when I first registered just to get an idea of what was put on and would have no problem at someone looking at mine as long as they don't copy word for word as that is just rude.

I even made a mistake and she copied that too..he he

I had already said that i woul be reporting her to childcare so i suggested she changed it :)