PDA

View Full Version : After schoolie diaries or not?

Fabby
01-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Do you provide diaries or some kind of a sheet for your after schoolies? I have a rising 5 who i need to do eyfs on until August so do i need to do one anyway as part of the eyfs or just obs? If you do a diary or a sheet for them, what information do you put on there for the parents to see?

green puppy
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
You don't have to do a daily diary for under 5's but it's good practice, also shows communication and working in partnership with parents. I use a5 size hard back books and write what they've had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, sleep times, nappies, a littlt summery of their day through their eyes, any comments from me and then a space for parents comments. These I would do for under 3's, ages over I do a scrap book to put art work in, photos with captions etc... the children add their own bits and help to put it together

Fabby
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah that was what i was thinking more towards really. It is just that when they have been to school they arn't with me long, prob 2.5 hours of their day. I will do a little file for him because like you say, it is good practice!

Roseolivia
02-06-2010, 06:30 AM
I do a dairy for one rising 5 but her mum write in it every week she comes but my other 2 rising 5's i don't as parents don't bring the dairies and i'm not chasing after them.

monkey62
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Personally I 'm not doing a daily dairy for 4+( reception class), as I beleive will improve the communictaion beetwen child and parents to talk about his/ her day, but I will inform parents about them food, activities verbally etc
Are others ways to prove your partenership with parents.

Chanelle
02-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a child who is in reception and I do a Learning Journey, Observations etc with her as well as a daily diary which has a photo and a short description in of what we did that day, she takes this home on a Thursday
She comes on Tues, Wed Thurs - 3.30 - 5.30pm.

I have older children who come after school who are all 7+, they do a range of activities and al have photos and scrapbooks to record their time at my home. They choose what goes into them.

Hope this helps.

Toothfairy
02-06-2010, 12:21 PM
I use these sheets for my after schoolers once they come out of the EYFS.

I don't mind if you use them. :thumbsup:

miffy
02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I do one for anyone still in EYFS - it's only brief and just says what they've had for tea and what they've been doing/anything they say happened at school that day.

Miffy xx

beccas
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
mine have a little book which i put pictures in of the children and the children can write in them if they want it just to show parents what they have been doing and ofsted love them they stay at my house but the children show parents if they put anything in them.

Hebs
02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
I do scrapbooks for all my reception class and above kids, ofsted have said this is fine!

Fabby
02-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I use these sheets for my after schoolers once they come out of the EYFS.

I don't mind if you use them. :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT - Just the kinda thing i was thinking!!! Thanku for sharing :)