PDA

View Full Version : Advice please?

carolyn01
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I have just realised my inspection isn't until next August/.September but I currently only have one little boy I mind - I have his learning journal, obs, planning etc linked to EYFS all in his folder but I have had two children leave me end of last year and I gave all their info to mums to pass on to relevant school or nursery etc. I don't have any contact as they have moved out of area and I have just realised I don't have anything to show Ofsted next year? All I have is my attendance register with their names and times attending but they have my paperwork - it didn't even occur to me to copy it I thought they had to hand it over to nursery or school (working in partnership etc). Will I get in trouble as I have nothing to show?

AnnieM
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I will watch with interest, as I am in the exact same situation.

Roseolivia
02-06-2010, 06:22 AM
I don't think it will make matter as you're meant to hand over their photo's etc when they leave. You may have extra children then anyway. I start maternity leave October till July next year and my inspection is due July/August so i'll have nothing either but i'm just going to explain that to the inspector. I keep photos on my computer so will probably just print some of them so the inspector can see what activities we do. Hopefully the inspections won't be as bad then with the new government

cuffleygirl
02-06-2010, 06:42 AM
As above - you've done the right thing by handing on the information it's what you are supposed to do, having some photos with persmission is a good way of showing activities/atmosphere in your setting.

Pipsqueak
02-06-2010, 07:19 AM
My inspector was not interested in a LJ that I have for a child who's contract was suspended for various reasons (nowt sinister!!!) and she only concentrated on the children I have - both of them having only being with me for 8 weeks - so you can imagine there wasn't much in there (only having them 10hrs a week school weeks only).

You will probably have other children by then so don't panic.

Rose, you said you stored pix on the computer are you reg'd with data protection then or are they just pix of what you have done rather than with kiddies in?

monkey62
02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
As others have said Mrs O will be intrested in a children you have at a time, and even if you have only one child that is good enough to prove you are in right direction, you have understood and you are aware about child development.
The inspector will look at a LJ but the inspection process is not only about LJ.
And also you may get other children by september ...