PDA

View Full Version : Routines

JemStar
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi, I know how important it is to try and stick to a mindees routine. But I was wondering, do you change anything?? I go to a toddler group on a Wednesday morning with my ds, and I now finally have a mindee, a little boy just turned one. His routine is to have a nap at 10.30am, which is when the toddler group starts, I would love to take him too. Do I try and see how he goes, he can have asleep in the buggy if he is really struggling. I just don't want his mum to feel I'm not sticking to his routine. Any advice would be great.:blush:

Tinglesnark
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
my mindee is 9 months and his naps are 10 am and 2 pm and i do try to be at home for them but he will happily stay and play rather than nap and then he drops off in the car or buggy. if he is shattered then as you say - the buggy is available and you wont be forcing him to stay awake anyway. make sure you have a snuggly blanket and your away! the thing that i never waiver from is snack and meal time because as long as my lot have full tums, they will happily play a little longer if needed x

angiemog
01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
From my experience at 1yrs (depending on the time they get up) they are able to drop a morning nap and sleep after lunch. Parents are generally happy for them to be involved in the activities even if it means they don't have their morning nap. I would try it and see how you get on. xx

TheBTeam
01-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I have had an 11month old since he was 9months, and with mum he always has a nap in the morning, I have him three days a week and he has only slept three times in the morning here, usually he is too busy with whats going on and sleeps after lunch. He may well change his routine if he is really interested in whats going on.

Mia'smummyx
01-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Im a little stuck with this one to, I have a 7month old who has a nap from 3pm till 5pm, this is smack bang in the middle of the school run were i drive to so would have to go from car seat to buggy then back then from car to house whilst trying to have her 'long nap' of the day.
I mentioned it to mum and she said oh its only loose times..
what do i do?? we leave for the school run around 2.40 and get back about 3.40!!
leah x

Roseolivia
02-06-2010, 06:29 AM
I always try to stick to child's routines but it also has to suit me and my routines. We go out mornings so if the childs older i always try to give them afternoon naps which also fits in with Rose as she sleeps afternoons. Same for tea, we eat between 4-4.30 which i tell parents and if they're not happy they can go somewhere else. With really young babies i feed them when needed but by 9mth they're usually in the same routine as we are.

The Juggler
02-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I would ask mum. I'm sure she wouldn't want him to miss out on activities.:)

monkey62
02-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I ussually stick with my routine and I try to acomodate as much as posible a child routine. When I see parentsfor first time I will inform them about my routine and then we work out togheter the best way to acomodate the child.
You must remember you may have other children in a future and you have to acomodate everyone.
If a baby is tired and want to sleep a buggy and a cosy blanket are as good as his own bed.