PDA

View Full Version : Gazebo risk assessment?

jelly15
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Just put up a large gazebo for shade in my garden for mindees, but do I need to do a risk assessment?

Pipsqueak
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
nah i'd just add it into my garden RA

An72
26-11-2010, 03:09 AM
The most important thing to remember is to properly secure your backyard gazebo so that it is stable and safely secured. Not only will this reduce damage to your property but also to the gazebo itself. The safest way to secure backyard gazebos is to add concrete footings. It might be a lot of work in the beginning however, you won't have to worry about the gazebo being secured properly after it is assembled. As for me, it is much better to secure your kids' safety than feel sorry later. For my kids' safety, I will also do the same thing. :)

rickysmiths
26-11-2010, 08:47 AM
The most important thing to remember is to properly secure your backyard gazebo so that it is stable and safely secured. Not only will this reduce damage to your property but also to the gazebo itself. The safest way to secure backyard gazebos is to add concrete footings. It might be a lot of work in the beginning however, you won't have to worry about the gazebo being secured properly after it is assembled. As for me, it is much better to secure your kids' safety than feel sorry later. For my kids' safety, I will also do the same thing. :)

Could you clarify what you mean by this please?

My gazebos sit on a paved patio and are secured with pins into the ground on the lawn side and tied at the house side with wieghts on the feet so they don't move. This summer they were all on lawn area and secured with effectively tent pegs and then weights on the feet with the guy ropes securely tethered. The gazebos often stay up for several weeks in good weather so I have shade for the children, we live at the top of a hill and get winds more than most and I have never had a problem.

jelly15
26-11-2010, 09:03 AM
This thread I posted back in the summer and was suprised to see it resurface in this cold snap :laughing: . The gazebo I had up was a dome tent style secured with guy lines and tent pegs, I think An72 is assuming that Rickysmiths and I have erected a more permenant structure.

rickysmiths
26-11-2010, 09:12 AM
This thread I posted back in the summer and was suprised to see it resurface in this cold snap :laughing: . The gazebo I had up was a dome tent style secured with guy lines and tent pegs, I think An72 is assuming that Rickysmiths and I have erected a more permenant structure.

I acctually replied in response to An72! I was wondering if they were meaning a more permenant thing though looking at the time of the post I wonder if they are in this country? I was surprised to see it appear again.

Carol M
26-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Funny this cos I was just thinking of putting mine up over my patio . I was thinking of safe ways to secure it in the event of strong winds. I thought it would be a good way of allowing outside play for lo's with a bit more protection from the elements.
Also looking into awning but they are quite expensive.
Carol xx

christine e
27-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Funny this cos I was just thinking of putting mine up over my patio . I was thinking of safe ways to secure it in the event of strong winds. I thought it would be a good way of allowing outside play for lo's with a bit more protection from the elements.
Also looking into awning but they are quite expensive.
Carol xx

We have just taken ours down as we don't think it would hold up to well when heavy snow settles on top of it.:(