PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Quitting!!

Mollymop
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!:(

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches :mad:

LOOPYLISA
01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Loads and loads and loads of luck x x x x :thumbsup:

You can do it, just think of the money you will save, you can buy more bacardi :clapping:

Im sure you will feel soooooo much better too x

funemnx
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll get loads of support from everyone here - everytime you feel like one tell us! :thumbsup:

Leanne59
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
good luck... its not easy.

If you ever need anything im here. I had to give up coffee and beer:( as that was my down fall, when i drank either of them i needed a cig even more.

Trouble
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
big hugs sweetie if you get like your changing your mind ring me at home.

big hugs sweetie you can do it xxxxxxxx

sandy64
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
good luck im sure you will do it get lots of gum in chew away :)

Rainy
01-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!:(

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches :mad:

Good luck, i gave up 4 months ago and although i am still having cravings, i haven't given in. Please don't try to go cold turkey though as you are more likely to go back to it. Find a local chemist who does a non smoking programme. They will give you anything you need to help you stop, like patches, gum etc and all you have to pay is one lot of perscription fee (about £7 i think) It is a twelve week programme and you have to visit them once a week to have your nicotine levels checked. The £7 covers the whole programme - there is no need to pay that weekly.
I also got myself a electronic cigarette which really helped. It's the nearest thing to a fag without all the rubbish that goes in them.

Best of luck.

jumpinjen
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Many children's centres do a stop smoking service with up to six weeks of patches and your GP surgery should provide two weeks patches free then prescription cost patches after that!

good luck, jenni

Carol M
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
All the very best of luck to you. I have many addictions ,cheese, cider, chocolate, bread but not smoking but I understand how difficult it is to give up things. I wish all the luck in the world.
Carol x

LOOPYLISA
01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Ive always said oh my goodness smoking-yuk, errr you smell and just how horrible it is in general, but it must be so difficult x

Mollymop
02-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I have got some nicorette gum and that seems to be working! yay!

If I struggle I will se about going to my Gp and getting something sorted.

Thanks for the advice:)

Blaze
02-06-2010, 09:17 AM
You CAN do it Mollymop - get yourself a copy of Alan Carr's Easy way to stop smoking (He smoked around 100 a day for 20 odd years & gave up cold turkey without a problem...ish - I am going from memory!):thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
02-06-2010, 09:41 AM
:thumbsup: I gave up 3 years ago & i can honestly say I DONT MISS IT ONE BIT now, i don't have any cravings & its true that they say ex smokers are the worst none smokers.....
It took me a few months to get the habit into control (you know, every time you have a bad day 'fag' every time your on the phone 'fag' every time you have a coffee 'fag' every time you have a drink 'fag' etc)
It will get easier & you can do it if your really want to.
GOOD LUCK
xxx:jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
How are you today hun ? chewing lots x :D

Mollymop
02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Lisa, I am doing really well! I haven't had one and I'm not gping too - it's nearly 24 hours since I quit - last time I tried t quit I only lasted the day and it was a nightmare, I really couldn't handle it, but I went cold turkey and it was dreadful

I have had 4 pieces of nicorette gum so far today and not really craved once - though I do miss the habit part, especially after I had lunch, i could have killed someone for a cig, but it passed really quickly and I am FINE!!:clapping:

Thanks for your support x

Carol M
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Just checking on you.
Well done, keep it up.
Carol x

miffy
02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Well done! Keep going they reckon the first 48 hours are the worst so you're half way there!

Put the money you would have spent on cigs aside and treat yourself with it!

Miffy xx

Mollymop
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I just had a bad episode. :angry:

I went into the garage to get some frozen chips or waffles out of the freezer only to find hubby has put loads of cr.ap on the lid of the chest freezer, I mean loads of heavy tools all stacked up, I can't get it all off and I can't lift the lid on the freezer.:angry:

I was so angry!!

I can't believe how angry I was - i slammed his garage door with rage, came stomping down the garden path swearing about him out loud saying I was going to :censored: ing kill him (don't worry luckily i am not minding today:D )

then I went and phoned him, swore at him and told him that I am gonna chuck all his stuff off the freezer out the back in the carpark and then preceeded to call him a horrible name and them hung up:blush: :blush:

I dunno!!:( poor man! lol

I have calmed down now, but I have never know me to get so angry all at once like that.

I am refusing to cook tea now - he'll have to sort it out when he gets in if he wants feeding

LOOPYLISA
02-06-2010, 04:29 PM

I went into the garage to get some frozen chips or waffles out of the freezer only to find hubby has put loads of cr.ap on the lid of the chest freezer, I mean loads of heavy tools all stacked up, I can't get it all off and I can't lift the lid on the freezer.:angry:

I was so angry!!

I can't believe how angry I was - i slammed his garage door with rage, came stomping down the garden path swearing about him out loud saying I was going to :censored: ing kill him (don't worry luckily i am not minding today:D )

then I went and phoned him, swore at him and told him that I am gonna chuck all his stuff off the freezer out the back in the carpark and then preceeded to call him a horrible name and them hung up:blush: :blush:

I have calmed down now, but I have never know me to get so angry all at once like that.

I am refusing to cook tea now - he'll have to sort it out when he gets in if he wants feeding

Sorry that made me lol

Chin up hun you are doing so well :thumbsup

Men :rolleyes: still got you out of cookin x

Trouble
02-06-2010, 05:50 PM

I was so angry!!

its that moment im afraid of:eek: normal day 3

big hugs sweetie your doing fab xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mollymop
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Day 4 and all's well!!!!:eek: :clapping:

sue m
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Well done love, good for you!!! :clapping: :thumbsup:

angeldelight
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Well done Sandra

Keep up the good work

Angel xx

sillysausage
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
brilliant, we're all on your side! keep up the good work.

cabby
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
your doing really well, keep it up:thumbsup: i gave up 3 years ago so no how hard it can be, but it really is worth it, trust me!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
:waving: :update: Thought I'd come & check how your going...LOL to the chip & waffles episode...But well done for not smoking, you'll be fine. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

miffy
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Well done :clapping:

Miffy xx

Mollymop
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks everyone

Tomorrow it will be 1 whole week! YAY! I am definately not going back to my old smelly faggy ways! lol

LOOPYLISA
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Good for you :thumbsup:

Trouble
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
does your food taste any different?
can you smell more?

have you started coughing yet?

sorry lots of questions :blush:

Big hugs sweetie xxxx

Mollymop
08-06-2010, 07:03 AM
does your food taste any different?
can you smell more?

have you started coughing yet?

sorry lots of questions :blush:

Big hugs sweetie xxxx

I haven't noticed any changes yet, but I have started the coughing - started last night

The biggest thing I have noticed is I have more energy and dont' feel so outta breath xx

ORKSIE
08-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Well done Molly
:clapping: :clapping:

mrs c
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Well Done. I gave up smoking 20 years ago and it was really hard but I was determined to not give in to the cravings.
Keep positive!

angeldelight
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Think you have gone one whole week now ?

Well done Sandra

Angel xx

Mollymop
10-06-2010, 07:10 AM
1 week, 2 days today! yay me!!:clapping:

Trouble
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Im very proud of you my none ciggy friend :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mollymop
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Im very proud of you my none ciggy friend :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank u my lovely!

You will soon b my none ciggy friend too!!;)

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Well done, how are you feeling ?

Mollymop
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm feeling really good Lisa! I don't really get any cravings anymore. The haboit has started to fade away now - you know, after tea I always had a fag outside, or when I was on the phone or commercial breaks I would have a ciggy, etc - well that has gradually gone, only now and again I think about it but not much

I am chewing the gum that helps you quit by putting nicoten in your blood through your cheek, so I don't get any big cravings.

I never knew it would be so easy - I have tried quitting before and only lasted a week it was so hard!

darren is amazed, he has never smoked and hates it - he says I am perfect now I have quit! in't he nice? lol

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm feeling really good Lisa! I don't really get any cravings anymore. The haboit has started to fade away now - you know, after tea I always had a fag outside, or when I was on the phone or commercial breaks I would have a ciggy, etc - well that has gradually gone, only now and again I think about it but not much

I am chewing the gum that helps you quit by putting nicoten in your blood through your cheek, so I don't get any big cravings.

I never knew it would be so easy - I have tried quitting before and only lasted a week it was so hard!

darren is amazed, he has never smoked and hates it - he says I am perfect now I have quit! in't he nice? lol

Well done you :thumbsup:

guest3
18-06-2010, 09:00 PM
How's it going? Hope your still off the old ciggies!

Wendy xx

Mollymop
19-06-2010, 01:49 PM
How's it going? Hope your still off the old ciggies!

Wendy xx

I doing well thanks Wendy- no ciggies!!

Blaze
20-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I doing well thanks Wendy- no ciggies!!

Well done!:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Mollymop
02-07-2010, 01:25 PM
4 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS today!!!!!!!!!!!! whooo hoooo!

Think I am offically a non- smkoer now, aren't i? Hope so!

keeks
01-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Well done Mollymop!! You've really inspired me, I only smoke 3-4 a day but it is the habit of when I smoke that is hard to break. Hope you are still doing well!

I've stopped before for years when I had the boys, so I can't believe I started again!!! :mad:

Oh well, I'll just follow your footsteps and become a nice smelling rich lady! :D

xx

Mollymop
28-09-2010, 11:42 AM
on Thursday I quit ........

exactly 4 months ago!!!!!!!!

I don't even use the nicotine gum anymore either. I am offically an non-smoker and I don;t even get any cravings

Good luck anyone who is giving up it is really really worth it!

rickysmiths
28-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Well done you. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know it isn't easy as my husband went through the same process 7 years ago having been a smoker since he was 16. (he was 45 when he gave up)

christine e
28-09-2010, 12:19 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Well done you

LOOPYLISA
28-09-2010, 12:29 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

How are you feeling ?

Are you richer :laughing:

Well done though ive never smoked i can understand how hard it must be x

Mollymop
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
6 months now!! whoo hoo!:clapping:

keeks
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Brilliant, well done!!!

And thank you, becacuse in two days it is my two month non smoking anniversary too! :clapping: :clapping:

I decided to stop after reading this post!

How healthy, rich and fragrant are we then???!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xx

Mollymop
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Brilliant, well done!!!

And thank you, becacuse in two days it is my two month non smoking anniversary too! :clapping: :clapping:

I decided to stop after reading this post!

How healthy, rich and fragrant are we then???!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xx

Wow well done Keeks that is so fab. I am so proud of ya hunni!!!:jump for joy: Whoop!:clapping:

miffy
09-12-2010, 05:43 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fantastic!

Hope you've treated yourself with all the money you've saved! :)

Miffy xx

The Juggler
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
well done girls. I was the worst smoker ever but when i finally did it - it's been 5 years now and the best thing I ever didxxx

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 08:31 AM
On the 1st of June (next week) it will be 1 whole year since I quit and I haven't looked back!! No slip ups.. not a whiff!

If you wanna quit, you CAN do it

christine e
27-05-2011, 10:09 AM
:clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Congratulations and very well done

Cx

madwoman
28-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Good luck hun, you can do it x x x :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
28-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Well done Moppy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sillysausage
28-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Well Done Mollymop, your health and bank balance must be a lot healthier.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Lawwa
28-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Well done!!!!!!! (from a fellow ex smoker)

boxtree7
28-05-2011, 09:20 PM
good luck .......

The Juggler
29-05-2011, 02:41 PM
wow - well done Molly. You know the first year is the longest after that it flies by :)

keeks
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow, a year already, well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And thanks again for being my healthy inspiration, I also stopped after reading your post. Next week it is 8 months ago, and I don't miss it one bit!

xxx

carolinel
23-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Well done Mollymop!! You must be so proud of yourself! I have said that I will give up this year, but then I say that most years :(
I've been looking into those ecigs, a lot of blokes at hubbys work have used them and they're all doing really well.
You have done brilliantly though, may be just the inspiration I need!
x

Mollymop
25-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I love to see this thread - here we are 3 years later (well, next week!!) ANd I am still an non-smoker and since then and always being broke I have been on a holiday 3 times (florida twice!) and had so much more to give and look forward to due to the money I have saved and the biggest thing is that I feel so much better in myself and have stopped worrying about heart attacks ( i have a health anxiety issue! lol) and my children stinking of fags!
So if you need any help to quit just remember it is worth it more than anything yu will do. It changed my life:D:D

Rick
26-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Well done you :clapping:
The best thing about you replying to this old thread is lots of new people will read it and be inspired to quit. All that that extra money, not to mention health benefits has made it worth quitting :thumbsup:

kp0781
26-05-2013, 07:05 AM
I just saw this and thought you were quitting minding before I read it. 13 years for me now!! I was 20+ a day for 10 yrs + and stopped with patches. The hardest part is definitely making the decision and I can honestly say it was far easier than anticipated. Never looked back....good luck out there!!!!

gemsielou2
20-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Well done to everyone on here. I am just in the process of registering, and stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. Still early days, but feeling great. The hardest part was getting my head ready, the rest was a lot easier than I expected. Good luck to anyone thinking of quitting. :)

kellyskidz!
20-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Not lying, easiest thing I ever did, stopping smoking.
I loved smoking, had smoked since I was 16 and found it very relaxing and a way to calm down and de-stress..
I had a manic day and realised at 6pm I'd not smoked AT ALL that day. I'd not even missed it, so I stopped. Easy peasy.
I didn't tell anyone I was stopping, didn't throw lighter or fags away I just knew I was going to stop. Took my oh about 3 days before he said hang on..you haven't been smoking. I just shrugged a bit and said haven't fancied it. No fuss. Then after 3 weeks I just said yeah I think I've stopped smoking now but don't make a big deal. Six months later, still smoke free minus ONE half a cigarette on a night out 2months ago
Obviously I sometimes get stressed and think ooh cigarette but then I think what's the point, it's just some brown rubbish wrapped in paper.
My advice is don't pile pressure on yourself and don't beat yourself up if you have one and think oh well I might as well give up. One or two blips is fine! Good luck xxx