PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit nervous!

amandajane08
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
After months of no mindees i am having a visit from a parent tomorrow. The mother in law has done all the arranging as her daughter in law is a bit reluctant to leave her child with anyone. I haven't had my own mindees for a while but have stepped in for another minder when shes been off sick, so im really hoping i'll make a good impression. I've spent the day cleaning and tidying so if nothing comes of it at least my house is tidy, that doeant happen very often when my children are on school hols :blush:

Really keeping my fingers crossed :)

Goatgirl
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi :),
I'm keeping mine crossed for you too. Just relax and be yourself: I'm sure it will go fine :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

P.Miracle
02-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Good luck!

I'd be a bit wary about the mother-in-law doing all the arranging though. i'd make sure to speak to mum and dad cuz after all it's their child. Plus the poor mum will need a lot of support from you to comfort her if she's not wanting to go back to work.

amandajane08
02-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Good luck!

I'd be a bit wary about the mother-in-law doing all the arranging though. i'd make sure to speak to mum and dad cuz after all it's their child. Plus the poor mum will need a lot of support from you to comfort her if she's not wanting to go back to work.

To be honest I think thats why i'm feeling the way I am. It's the childs parent who is coming today so that is a plus side, unless of course she has been pushed into it but hopefully not.

Amanda x

monkey62
02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Try to relax, I agree to others saying to talk with mum/ dad as they are parents but also keep in mind as in some backgrounds the mother in law... is a boss.
Good luck, hope will work out well for you

marzi
02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Good luck and Let us know how it goes x

Blue Boy
02-06-2010, 06:17 PM
It will go ok. Let us know how it goes.

amandajane08
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
The meeting seemed to go really well but mum explained they'd had a lot of probs at the birth of the child and they were a bit reluctant to leave the child with anyone, stayed for over an hour and the LO had a a lovely time.

Mum said she would call me in the next couple of days but still havent heard so guessing thats a no.

I'll just put in down to experiance and hopefully have another enquiry soon.

Thanks for your words of encouragement

Amanda J xxx

The Juggler
06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
sounds like they would be reluctant to leave her with anyone honx:(

Blue Boy
09-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear the news. Have you asked her for feed back as to why she has decided not to leave their child with you.