PDA

View Full Version : panic or chill?

Helen Dempster
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi all

I've got 2 new boys starting tomorrow - 2 brothers, 5 years and 8 years, and I'm struggling with planning/what to do with them. Do you think we should just have a 'free play' kind of day, to get to know each other, or should I plan some activities/day out etc? Although if it's anything like today, tomorrow will be a wet one!

cs01
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
I would have a free play/getting to know each other kind of day. Hard to plan anything if you don't know their interests. If the weather is better, you could always take them to a local park.

Good luck!

mama2three
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
yep , definately chill. possibly have scissors / catalogues out so they can make you a collage of the things they like to do etc. The weather is supposed to be better by tomorrow too , thank heavens..

caz3007
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I would chill too but have some crafty bits on hand also for them to do. I am hoping the weather is better tomorrow as got baby who loves being in his buggy and two after schoolies plus my own DS for the day, so hoping to feed the ducks and have lunch at the park

Mollymop
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I would go with the flow! Good luck x

huggableshelly
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
chill and go with the flow

the weather better be good tomorrow I'm off to legoland yay

vickieford85
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Id take the morning as go with the flow. If they are getting on fine in the afternoon then do an afternoon out

Chell
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I'd go with the flow but have something up my sleeve incase they need something to do.

Have a look at ******, they've got some nice things. My three coloured and cut door hangers using a template from there then I helped them to laminate them.

I like to have a plan for when they get a bit too rowdy (hopefully they won't in the honeymoon period ;) ) or bickering.

Tinglesnark
01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
deffo chill! i liked the idea from above about the cutting and pasting things they like! you could maybe make up a word game where you all have to say something that you like or dislike and then write it down?
x

babs
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
go with the flow, and chill out... when i have new mindees i set up a different activity in each room ( living room , play room , and kitchen ) then see what they like..

TheBTeam
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
My only advice is not to panic!