PDA

View Full Version : 8/9 seater cars

Beckieboo
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I currently have a 7 seater Grand Voyager, which i love, but it is time to change as we have had it over 4 years and a few things going on it now, radiator, tyres, etc

I am looking at 8 or 9 seaters now as i have twins who will turn 8 next year and a mindee who turns 8 this yr. So i just wondered if you lovely ladies have an 8 or 9 seater and if so what do you have?

Thankyou guys x

TheBTeam
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
My friend had a 9 seater Ford Tourneo and swapped it about a year ago for a 51 plate (8seater) Toyota Previa, they now have only 7 seats. She thinks the lack of one seat saves her a lot on insurance etc as there was only one place she could get insurance for the Tourneo and it was a lot of money.

huggableshelly
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
My friend had a 9 seater Ford Tourneo and swapped it about a year ago for a 51 plate (8seater) Toyota Previa, they now have only 7 seats. She thinks the lack of one seat saves her a lot on insurance etc as there was only one place she could get insurance for the Tourneo and it was a lot of money.

very interesting!

i need a bigger car but think I'll just stick to walking as by the sound of it an extra seat for an additional child at normal fee would not cover the additional insurance cost. I just hate walking!

funemnx
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I have an 8 seater Nissan Serena, it's not new but goes forever :)

Insurance £200 a year :)

huggableshelly
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I have an 8 seater Nissan Serena, it's not new but goes forever :)

Insurance £200 a year :)

£200 a year? wow I'm paying £43 a month for my 7 seater

TheBTeam
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
very interesting!

i need a bigger car but think I'll just stick to walking as by the sound of it an extra seat for an additional child at normal fee would not cover the additional insurance cost. I just hate walking!

Think her insurance was somewhere a bit over £800 per year, she also couldn't get under a lot of the height restrictions or between the width restrictions!

huggableshelly
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna build a train track from my house to school with a half way stop at the park and each carraige will have 4 seats with proper seat belts and boosters if needed (wont need full seats as will not be on the road).

My train will be purple with big daises painted on it (oh better make a stop at preschool and toddler group too). It will have a roof on it too and will only go at 5 mph on battery power not petrol/diesel etc then if the older children (over 8's) want to walk along side they can.

additional children may join my train to gain a lift to school at the cost of 20p per child, return journeys are not available and i will not be responsible for them once we reach school (hm better run track into the playground not the main entrance).

Yep that is my plan (hope the council do not notice when the tracks get layed down).

chibault
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I have a Toyota estima, an 8 seater, it's automatic, has parking sensors, you can swivel the chairs around and lay them flat too, has curtains, enough room for a nappy change and has air con. Plus only cost £2k! Don't know how I lived without it! Definitely recommend it. Only downside is the boot is not concealed, so can't leave any valuables in the car.

chibault
01-06-2010, 06:24 PM
It's my swagger wagon, check out the vid on you tube http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/results?client=mv-google&q=swagger%20wagon&aq=f&oq=

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a toyota previa 8 seater and love it. Insurance is £600