PDA

View Full Version : NCMA paperwork

little miss chatterbox
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi

I'm just wondering how many of you are with ncma but don't use ncma attendence books and accounts register?

I've just bought Sarahs' wonderful daily diary which has her own attendence sheets in there and it gets the parents to sign monthly.

That would work so much better for me as I'm always forgetting to get the parents to sign weekly and i think it would suit them better but I always remember hearing that ncma will not represent you if you need any legal help if you don't use their paperwork.

I use all their contracts etc it would just be the attendence and possibly the accounts.

Thanks

mama2three
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I quite like the accounts book but hate the register.. as it is double sided i need to put the same child on each side otherwise i cant file them with the childs paperwork ..especially as they need keeping for years..and i end up having to leaf through to find the pages for all the children ..a complete pain in the bottom! Only have a few months sheets left but wont be buying another , will need to make up my own.

rickysmiths
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I have always used the account book and the attendace register. If you want the Legal Dept to represent you in the future they will most likely require coppies of your completed register wihich has been signed by the parents.

I have used it for 17yrs, always have it signed and I have always had a variety of full and part time children and up to about 15 different ones through a week at one time.

It is confirmed proof of when children have been with you and by getting the parents signature once a week they are agreeing that the children have been in your care for those times. Also it is a Safeguarding tool and considered good practice. Having said this it is not an Ofsted requirement. I like to protect myself by using the Register.

manjay
01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't use the accounts book or attendance register. Can't be doing with either of them:D

rickysmiths
01-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I quite like the accounts book but hate the register.. as it is double sided i need to put the same child on each side otherwise i cant file them with the childs paperwork ..especially as they need keeping for years..and i end up having to leaf through to find the pages for all the children ..a complete pain in the bottom! Only have a few months sheets left but wont be buying another , will need to make up my own.

I must say I have never had a problem using the Register and all my parents sign it because that is all they have known.

When the register is finished at the end of March each year it is filed away with the accounts books and the info/contracts of children who have left andstored in a secure place. For the first time I have had a past mindee turn 21yrs and I will shread the paperwork in the autumn. However the Registers with the name in will just remain in the storage box.

mama2three
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I must say I have never had a problem using the Register and all my parents sign it because that is all they have known.

When the register is finished at the end of March each year it is filed away with the accounts books and the info/contracts of children who have left andstored in a secure place. For the first time I have had a past mindee turn 21yrs and I will shread the paperwork in the autumn. However the Registers with the name in will just remain in the storage box.

yes could do that! I was thinking of filing all childs paperwork together rather than register in one place and files somewhere else , but this would work:)

Toothfairy
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I use their Contracts, their Accident/Incident book and their Accounts book but I make up my own Register sheets and put them in a ring binder with a divider between each child.