PDA

View Full Version : What a stupid thing to say...

Tealady
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Had to report an incident today to Ofsted :( . I gave the childs date of birth (she is 6½). The lady on the phone said "Oh so she's not a child then" :eek:

I wonder what that makes her then? I realise she probably meant that she isn't in EYFS, but really!

Rubybubbles
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Had to report an incident today to Ofsted :( . I gave the childs date of birth (she is 6½). The lady on the phone said "Oh so she's not a child then" :eek:

I wonder what that makes her then? I realise she probably meant that she isn't in EYFS, but really!

:( lol makes me laugh that my now 8yr is taken off my register!

Hope everything is okay (((((hugs))))

Louise_Oaktree
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
:( lol makes me laugh that my now 8yr is taken off my register!

Hope everything is okay (((((hugs))))

I hadn't even realised that in just 3 years time (my son is nearly 5) I will have 1 less in my numbers!!! It seems so bizarre! Like they just disappear! lol

Hope everything is ok with the child though :) silly ofsted

I got a new certificate when I asked about my child becoming a rising 4 when he starts school, my new certificate is now 2 pages long and I can't see how anyone can understand it it is so long winded!!! Why can't things just be simple!

Tealady
01-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Like they just disappear! lol

She did! That's why I had to ring Ofsted. Disappeared into a friends garden that backs onto the park we were at. Only gone three minutes, but it was horrible:panic: She was OK. Parents more worried about if she apologised unprompted. So all's well that ends well. Just a pain having to report it.

Louise_Oaktree
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
She did! That's why I had to ring Ofsted. Disappeared into a friends garden that backs onto the park we were at. Only gone three minutes, but it was horrible:panic: She was OK. Parents more worried about if she apologised unprompted. So all's well that ends well. Just a pain having to report it.

That must have been horrible. I remember when my son stormed off upstairs and fell asleep in his bed. Last time I knew he was outside playing and when I went out he had gone :eek: I was a wreck, there absolutely no way anyone could escape the back as the gates are bolted and we have a hawthorn hedge at the back of the fence which is about 10 foot high but I was convinced someone had climbed over and taken him. It must have been a million times worse when it's someone elses child.

Glad all is now well though :)