PDA

View Full Version : is my house too small

~Grasshopper~
01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
hello im new. im hoping to become a childminder. i am booked on the pre reg course thing in a few weeks.

my only concern is the size of my house. i own a 2 bed new build. i have a fairly big living room and dinner kitchen downstairs then my bedroom and my sons bedroom upstairs, i do have a garden but its sloped so only have the large patio for the children to play on. but it has a playhouse, 2 slides, sandpit and a trampoline on it.

i have 2 sons of my own aged nearly 3 and 13weeks.

what do you think ladies?

suzanne xx

sandy64
01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
a lot of people work in one room it is how you make best use of space you have a outdoor area if you didnt you would go to a park/field etc if you had a small area indoors it may affect your numbers but sounds like its big enough ofsted will tell you when you apply good luck:)

onceinabluemoon
01-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I've got a small new(ish) house with a tiny garden. I have two parks a stone throw away though and make good use of both of them.

They said to me its not what size house you have but how well you use the space you have...

pinkbutterfly
02-06-2010, 12:06 AM
The amount of available space may have an impact on the number of children you will be allowed to care for. I was told you have to have at least a double mattres size of free space available per child. If you have a largish living room you should be fine ... if you have not enough space you may want to consider moving some furniture around etc.

Lu 2010
02-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi, I live in a mobile home, thats 12 foot wide and 36 foot long, on a holiday park, I have 2 children of my own, 4 and 18 months, and at my pre-reg inspection was told I will be registered for another 3 children on top of my own!!!
Thats lots of children to have in my space so I don't think you have anything to worry about

Lu

~Grasshopper~
02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
thank you ladies, i feel much better now :)

x