PDA

View Full Version : shoes!!!!!

sonia ann
01-06-2010, 08:11 AM
these are the shoes 9yr old mindee has turned up in..................we won't be going anywhere today then in the rain:mad:

manjay
01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Perfect for a day in the rain:rolleyes:

PixiePetal
01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
phone and ask parent to drop off wellies :angry:

sometimes I really do wonder :rolleyes:

nannysue
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM
It never fails to amaze me with the clothing some children turn up in !!!

The older girls( from about 8yrs upwards) are definatly the worst , i know they like to look trendy but off the shoulder skimpy tops and sparkly flip flops or worse shoes with heels are not quite right if we are going to be out and about. I always say can they come dressed for messing around especially in the holidays but it all falls on deaf ears !!

sonia ann
01-06-2010, 08:21 AM
phone and ask parent to drop off wellies :angry:

sometimes I really do wonder :rolleyes:

luckily I have spare wellies.................but that's not the point

another one has turned up with no coat/waterproof of any kind :(

nikim
01-06-2010, 08:39 AM
ooohhh there nice i wonder if they do them in my size ;)

i know what you mean though i keep spare wellies and clothes /coats etc ,i am amazed how many of them turn up in bad weather with no coats :mad: :mad: like today

rickysmiths
01-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm afraid I would have called the parents as soon as I discovered and asked them to bring suitable clothing or collect the child. I won't let sillyness and lazyness affect the care of other children I am looking after and if I have planned to go out then that is what I would be wanting to do.

Clothing requirements are detaied in my Contracts as well, so no excuses.

They won't make the mistake again will they.

Mouse
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I'd let her go & play in the muddy garden with them on. Bet mum would soon think twice about sending her in party shoes :littleangel:

cuffleygirl
01-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I have a four year old in lace up converse style ankle boots today! Can he do his own laces - can he heck - can he even push his feet into the boots easily - can he heck - have brought out spare wellies!

This is the kid who's parents kept sending him in jeans with belts whilst potty training - yes he is a trendy dresser - but its a pain - save the trendy clothes for home please!

The Juggler
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
I'd let her go & play in the muddy garden with them on. Bet mum would soon think twice about sending her in party shoes :littleangel:

me too!:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Parents amaze me!!! We once had a 2 1/2 year old girl turn up in a fairy outfit - very pretty but no other clothes and totally impractical!!!! This happened a few times and June and I worked out that it was always on a Friday when we only had this lo and were more likely to go out somewhere :angry:

Luckily between us we have plenty of spare clothes so used to change her to go out and put fairy costume back on in time for mum coming :thumbsup:

Mouse
01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Parents amaze me!!! We once had a 2 1/2 year old girl turn up in a fairy outfit - very pretty but no other clothes and totally impractical!!!! This happened a few times and June and I worked out that it was always on a Friday when we only had this lo and were more likely to go out somewhere :angry:

Luckily between us we have plenty of spare clothes so used to change her to go out and put fairy costume back on in time for mum coming :thumbsup:

One of my mindees regularly used to turn up in a fairy outfit as it was all mum could get him to put on in the morning! Luckily she always sent a change of clothes, so I could change him if we were going out. I'd have taken him out in the fairy outfit, but mum didn't want me to :littleangel:

Beckieboo
01-06-2010, 01:59 PM

Me too! If thats what she had turned up in, i would not change my plans, outdoor play it is then!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tinglesnark
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
One of my mindees regularly used to turn up in a fairy outfit as it was all mum could get him to put on in the morning! Luckily she always sent a change of clothes, so I could change him if we were going out. I'd have taken him out in the fairy outfit, but mum didn't want me to :littleangel:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what fun! id have taken him out in it hahah!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

loocyloo
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
i've had a LO turn up in very pretty, but very pale trousers and top today! - mum knows we are never home/inside - she has gone home covered in mud ! i suspect i won't be seeing those clothes again !!!

Beetlejuice
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Tell me about it. I sent out texts to all my parents over the weekend to tell them we were going on a woodland walk today regardless of the weather so they were to have suitable footwear and clothing. One child turned up in short sleeved tshirt, short sleeved cardie and no coat! Another turned up with a flimsy england tracksuit top. For the younger one I had a spare coat but I rang the older ones dad and said I was going to pick it up from him, so he needed to be at home.

I have a child who regularly turns up in fancy dress because 'it's all she will wear' says Dad. So I say to the parents 'who is the grown up here?' :o As soon as she walks into my house she will take it off and put proper clothes on. She's 2 and rules to roost at home.:rolleyes:

vickieford85
01-06-2010, 05:05 PM
It really does confuse me at why these parents just don't think. I make every child regardless of age have a spare change of clothes, coat and wellies at my house because I can garentee(sp) at least one of my mindees would turn up in that get up!!!

Mollymop
01-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh for goodness sake! Some people just don't think or care, do they? I am fed up with one of my mindees coming in shoes that clearly are too big, strappy sandals with no socks and another who I have to keep telling that her shoes are too small - them mum brings her in more silly "pumps" that are too small and pinch her little feet, she is only 2 bless her

Alibali
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Were you going to a wedding?!

AnnieM
01-06-2010, 05:33 PM
I used to look after a 3yo girl, her daddy dropped her off to me up at school in sandals and a beautiful Cinderella dress that was her sisters and age 5 - 6!! Miles too long for her and I was asked not to get it dirty as it was her sisters.... It was pouring down with rain a d she had to hold it up all the wU home, she was soaked when we got home and the sandals turned out to be dressing up shoes. :eek: best bit about it was we were at Tumble Tots that morning, I had to go to Tesco and buy cheap leggings, t-shirt,pumps and socks, I did bill them for them and then kept them at mine. Some parents just don't think at all and these were extremely intelligent parents (supposedly!) :rolleyes:

SmartKids
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I look after 2 lil girls and they always come to me pristine - they very rarely go home like it though - However, if I am doing really messy play as I have spare clothes I change them - sometimes I haven't changed them back quick enough and mum then sees what I have dressed them in - sometimes big, small, paint over etc - the look on her face :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
01-06-2010, 07:56 PM
me too!:laughing:

They wouldnt get muddy in my garden, but i would be off to the woods for a wallow in a muddy puddle!

Carol M
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Or pretty little lacey dresses just as they are starting to crawl.
Nose dived the carpet as knees held down dress. Put leggings on her and changed her back into dress when mum collected. Did she understand (mum)
Noooooooo!
Carol:(