PDA

View Full Version : New lady coming!!!

lizzymoonshine
26-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi

Just to update you that the lady who is expecting a baby who came this evening is going to have me. I think it was a close call, she was very tempted by a day nursery but i think the scrapbook of photos and activities swung it for her.

Told her to come and see me when baby is born, so we can do paperwork. She is going to pay by vouchers, (any advice please, never used them), and i don't know whether i should get her to pay a retainer fee or deposit with it being Novmber? any advice?

:)

Twinkles
26-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I use several of the voucher schemes they're very easy you just register with the company and the parent does the rest. The money is transferred straight into your account.

I would wait 'till after the baby is born and take a substantial deposit to be refunded when baby starts or kept by you if mum changes her mind.

Well done.

berkschick
26-03-2008, 09:12 PM
:clapping: Well done you!

I think once the baby is born, I would take a months deposit which would become the first months fees when they start or non refundable if they change their mind.

I would then advertise the vacancy as a temp place, you never know, you may well be able to fill it in the meantime anyway!

Lou
26-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree, you have had some great advice.

When baby is born, get her round to sign contracts ect and ask for a months deposit, then you can take that off the first month but if she changes her mind you will have that.

good luck xx

sarah707
26-03-2008, 09:17 PM
What a week for you... a new contract and turning green!

What's your 3rd going to be...? :clapping:

lizzymoonshine
26-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I know, i just can't take the excitement! Oh i do hope there is a third thing!

thanks ladies for the advice!

:)

angeldelight
26-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Well done and good luck

Some information here about vouchers but not sure which ones you wanted to know about ?

http://www.busybeesvouchers.com/

Angel xx

Spangles
26-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Well done, that's fantastic news!

miffy
27-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Great news Lizzy - I agree with debbie about the deposit

There are a few voucher schemes so depends which one her company is registered with - I have parents who use busybees and accor it's fairly straight forward and payment goes direct into your bank account.

miffy xx

Teresa
27-03-2008, 08:15 AM
well done:clapping: i would take a months deposit too

charleyfarley
27-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Well done :clapping: That's great news

Carol xx

Banana
27-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Well done on a succesful meeting!!

xx