PDA

View Full Version : insurance renewal

maxwan
31-05-2010, 12:15 PM
hi everyone
my question is, if I do not require accidental damage on my house insurance policy do i need to inform my insurance company that i mind children on these premises. (i dont need business insurance on my house insurance )

I all ready have in place with Morton Michele , public liability insurance

hope this make sense.
cheers max

sarah707
31-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi, yes you must inform your insurance company or your insurance might be invalid.

Hth :D

maxwan
31-05-2010, 02:04 PM
thanks sarah. so should i ask them what business insurance covers if i have it . and why premiums rise when you have business insuranc

rickysmiths
01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
thanks sarah. so should i ask them what business insurance covers if i have it . and why premiums rise when you have business insuranc

Hi there. You don't need Business Insurance for your home. All you need to do is inform your insurer that you are now a childminder working in your home. As long as we have no more than the max of six under fives that most of us are regitered for we are not clasified as a business.

However you may find that your current insurer does not insure childminders homes, some companies don't. There a lot that do though, I have been with Churchill for years. If you go onto one of the Comparison web sites you should be able to get some quotes.

Oh sorry I meant to say I have never been charged more because I childmind and I have been minding for 17yrs.