PDA

View Full Version : So whats everyone got planned for the half term?...

Toothfairy
30-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't believe the half term is here already and that when they go back to school they will only have 7 weeks before they break up for the summer!

The year is going soooooo quickly.

So, what has everyone got planned for half term?
I only have 1 mindee(7) for 2 days (plus my own DD's)

I have planned;
Pond dipping with a picnic lunch then home to bake and decorate cup cakes for one day and T-shirt printing, making their own pizza's for lunch and then making a space ship with a giant box and some space blankets for the second day.

What's everyone else up too?

LOOPYLISA
30-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Awaiting delivery of a shed and laying a patio :D

Just be nice to spend time with dd and hubs for the week :thumbsup:

Gizmo
30-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Its not half term up here our schools finish for the summer in 4 weeks just off tomorrow for the bank holiday :clapping:

Hebs
30-05-2010, 04:59 PM
not working monday or tuesday
wallpapering the dining room tomorrow and i have my gas safety check on tuesday

wednesday i have 7 kids and i have my NVQ assessor here to do a full day of obs :panic: good job she is a friend of mine :laughing:

thursday i have the same kids, have the plasterer coming on thursday morning to do daughter room, might take the kids to wacky warehouse on the afternoon.

friday i have 5 kids, 4 girls 1 boy, might do some baking with them, or if it's going to be nice we might go to the farm...... not sure yet :laughing:

TheBTeam
30-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Hebs, thought you had not long decorated dd's room?

Me no idea, will wing this holiday:blush: Will see what the kids have ideas for some of it!

I think I am a bit uneasy over this holiday as it is coming to the end of my first childs time in junior school and i cant quite get my head around it. It is all part of a bigger thing around how the h*ll did I get where I am and the position I am in kind of quandry, so going back to the where do you want to be in five years time is in a better place, not sure if that is physical or emotional I just know it isnt where I am now.:(

Hebs
30-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Hebs, thought you had not long decorated dd's room?

i have but had to leave 1 small wall where the plaster came off, it's taken all this time to get them out to do it!!!!

once it's done and dry it will only take 2 strips of wallpaper to finish it off :laughing:

TheBTeam
30-05-2010, 05:27 PM
i have but had to leave 1 small wall where the plaster came off, it's taken all this time to get them out to do it!!!!

once it's done and dry it will only take 2 strips of wallpaper to finish it off :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: I thought you had gone decorating mad, wondered where you got the time/energy and enthusiasm from, I will relax now!:laughing:

Denise D
30-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I've stocked up on tons of crafty bits in case the weather isn't great. We'll do some baking as well. Will walk through the woods to feed the ducks if it's nice and hopefully a teddy bears' picnic on Friday.

Hebs
30-05-2010, 05:39 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I thought you had gone decorating mad, wondered where you got the time/energy and enthusiasm from, I will relax now!:laughing:

i love to decorate :laughing:

busy doing the dining room, then once thats done i'm doing the living room :clapping:

sandy64
30-05-2010, 05:45 PM
im off till thursday:clapping: :clapping: then only got baby so will have musical toys out and get treasury baskets and mirrors go to the park if nice its supossed to get hot again this week:)

Jelly Baby
31-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Well off today!

Tomorrow i have 4 of them and we are going to a farm for the day with picnic (so long as it doesnt rain!)

Wed i have 4 again, the car is booked in so at home/beach

Thur i have 6 of them and not sure as too many for the car so a walk and
baking etc

Fri 4 of them again, i think soft play!

Hope everyone has a nice one x

mushpea
31-05-2010, 09:04 AM
well i have a 6yrold plus my two tommoro so off to the zoo,, always a good place on a yucky day cause lots of indoor stuff,, wed and thur i have a 6yrold and a 3yrold and my two so probably a park one day and beach the next then friday the 3yrold and my two so of to a park with a friend somwhere.
I think i need to get out of the habbit of going out everyday in the hols cause were gonna get bored of the same ol places in the 6 weeks, but i do find it makes the day go quicker!

TheBTeam
31-05-2010, 03:36 PM
i love to decorate :laughing:

busy doing the dining room, then once thats done i'm doing the living room :clapping:

Oh I wish you lived near me, I would even pay to get it done!

loocyloo
31-05-2010, 03:42 PM
only working tues and wed.

got swimming lessons for my two, and mindees first thing, then tomorrow we are off to a butterfly/rainforest place with friends for a picnic! will probably be picnicing in the rain!

wednesday another picnic at a local park with friends, taking loads of balls/ bubbles/ parachute etc! hope the rain stays away!

xxx

feels mad doing it, but i have just compiled a spreadsheet for the summer holidays with who is here and when !!! with swimming lessons and activities already booked put in, and a long list of other activities both out and in !!!

manjay
31-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Absolutely nothing planned:laughing: I am a big fan of doing what the children want to do. No point thinking of loads of activities that no one is interested in:rolleyes:

onceinabluemoon
31-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I've got a 5 week old coming in for one day this week so gonna stay close to home for that day. The others probably get out and about to local attractions to give the schoolies a treat :)

AnnieM
31-05-2010, 05:16 PM
One of my main schools is off this week and breaks up on 1st July??? They are then off for 9 weeks. :eek:

I don't have many this week, but we have planned a couple of outings one on Wednesday to a playcentre and one on Friday to ............. (not decided yet, waiting to see what the weather will be like), we are doing some Fathers Day crafts and starting our World Cup topic, so will do the T-shirts as I have an 11 year old who will enjoy that. :thumbsup:

TammyN
31-05-2010, 05:31 PM
well i had planned to go cinema as only have my 2 and 1 older mindee tomorow but..... my ds is poorly and so may have to cancel mindee, im just deciding to see if he perks up after a sleep as i hate letting them down!

park and library on wed, not planned thur yet as my plans never got to plan!!!

karen m
31-05-2010, 07:03 PM
2 tomorrow so thinks gareden toys ,sandpit if weather good ,3 wednesday so libary in morning maybe cotebrook farm with picnic in afternoon,rest of week play it by ear

The Juggler
01-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Absolutely nothing planned:laughing: I am a big fan of doing what the children want to do. No point thinking of loads of activities that no one is interested in:rolleyes:

me too:thumbsup: I'd loosely planned day in the woods, butterfly/bug hunt maybe 'going on a bear hunt' but now today is forecast torrential rain:( boo!

tomorrow farm trip (weather permitting) as two of little one love trains (we take train and tram so they cannot contain themselves).

Rest of week follow their lead but also have in mind activities linked/to follow up on tadpoles/butterflies/our veggie patch - art/books/outdoor activities.

manjay
01-06-2010, 07:22 AM
me too:thumbsup: I'd loosely planned day in the woods, butterfly/bug hunt maybe 'going on a bear hunt' but now today is forecast torrential rain:( boo!

tomorrow farm trip (weather permitting) as two of little one love trains (we take train and tram so they cannot contain themselves).

Rest of week follow their lead but also have in mind activities linked/to follow up on tadpoles/butterflies/our veggie patch - art/books/outdoor activities.

That's one of the benefits of doing all this study and research!!! I now have plenty of arguements for my organic type of planning;)