PDA

View Full Version : Over 7's childminding

cherishcare
30-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi I'm new here but everyone seems so helpful so I wanted to ask some advice. I'm just finishing up my registration forms to hand in but I'm considering doing over 7's/babysitting while I wait for everything to go through (and possibly afterwards).

Do I just need public liability insurance to do this or is there something I've missed out?

If I get NCMA over 7's membership and ins will I then have to pay again for normal membership and ins when I eventually get my certificate?

Does Morton Michel provide insurance for over 7's/babysitting?

and last question...does the ICP qualification count as a Level 2 qualification for the Childcare Approval Scheme in Wales?

Many thanks in advance Azzie :)

Pipsqueak
30-05-2010, 08:22 AM
I am sorry that I can't answer your questions but I am sure someone will be along soon who can.

I would think that you do need some sort of insurance for over 7's.
As to the ICP- ICP is unit 1 of the full DHC - DHC is a level 3 qualification

Anyway hello and welcome (and bump the thread):D

manjay
30-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I looked into this before my registration came through but didn't go ahead. CSSIW are not at all interested if you are only looking after children who are 8 and over. NCMA do PLI for this but I do think you would have to pay again to change it to full PLI (not sure on that one). As Pip says your ICP is the first part of a level 3 qualification so not a full level 2. I also would not want to pay the £99 it costs to join the Childcare approval scheme. My understanding is that they would need to do a CRB which may just take the same length of time as CSSIW.

Personally my advice would be to get your application forms on asap:D

singlewiththree
30-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Where about's are you, in wales or england?

You will still need insurance if you are caring for children of any age. I'm afraid I don't know if it covers babysitting I would suggest getting in touch with MM.

manjay
30-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Where about's are you, in wales or england?

You will still need insurance if you are caring for children of any age. I'm afraid I don't know if it covers babysitting I would suggest getting in touch with MM.

I am assuming as the OP mentioned the Childcare approval scheme for Wales that she is in Wales! When I researched this originally it is not a legel requirement to have insurance for that age group but from my point of view it was a necessity hence the reason I decided to wait until my registartion came through.

No idea about MM as I am with NCMA.

cherishcare
30-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I also would not want to pay the £99 it costs to join the Childcare approval scheme. My understanding is that they would need to do a CRB which may just take the same length of time as CSSIW.

Personally my advice would be to get your application forms on asap:D

Thanks, I hadn't thought about the amount of time it would take for the Approval Scheme to come through also I can't really afford to pay for it. :(

cherishcare
30-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the help. I better make some phone calls I think. I've been trying to contact the local NCMA development officer but she never answers :(

Azzie x

manjay
30-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the help. I better make some phone calls I think. I've been trying to contact the local NCMA development officer but she never answers :(

Azzie x

Don't despair! Just pester, pester, pester until they help you out. That is what they are there for after all:thumbsup: