PDA

View Full Version : Veggie fairy cakes......

Zoemum2four
29-05-2010, 04:19 PM
My little boy is not to keen on veg, so most of the time i have to hide it within a meal....... Today i discided to experiment with fairy cake and veg......with my little boy helping so that he could see that u can have something nice with ur veg.....so we made veggie cakes, he didnt look to impressed at the thought of having veg in his cake whilst making them but as so as they were cool enough to eat his was having a great munch away at them........ Think this is just a great idea if u have kiddies that arent to keen on veg.......worked for me so we will be making these again......:)

beccas
29-05-2010, 04:30 PM
please tell me how as one of my mindees doesnt eat fruit or veg i sneak fruitin flap jack by grating apples etc but didnt know about fairy cakes...

LOOPYLISA
29-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Carrot fairy cakes :D

Zoemum2four
29-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Becca, I just grated, courgettes, carrots and broccoli in with fairy cake mixs, just made the mixs alittle drier as get quite abit of moisture from the veg......but going to have a go tomoz with some other veg and see how that turns out !!!!!!

Zoomie
29-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Mashed cooked pumpkin or butternut into 'fairycakes' are yummy too. :D

babs
29-05-2010, 06:19 PM
do you think this will work on my hubby .. he wont eat veg,:D its a great idea thou ty .

francinejayne
30-05-2010, 02:25 PM
courgette in chocolate cake is a great combination! :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
30-05-2010, 02:57 PM
courgette in chocolate cake is a great combination! :thumbsup:

i have a choc and beetroot recipe - not tried it yet :)

happytotschildminding
31-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Ooooh thanks for that - my lot are just finishing courgette cakes (or bogie cakes as we have renamed them! will be great for halloween with green iciing on!) and despite them pulling faces before they tried them they've finished the lot and I've got some chocolate courgette cakes in now!! What a fab idea!
Carol

theplayroom
31-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Can i recomend a book i use for my mindees using no fat, only a tiny bit of rice flour and vegetables to make the most delcious cakes it called Red velvet and chocolate heart ache by Harry Eastwood - its fantastic but my top tip is follow the recipes to a 't'!:clapping:

Zoemum2four
31-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the book recommendation "Theplayroom" just ordered myself it :thumbsup:

theplayroom
01-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the book recommendation "Theplayroom" just ordered myself it :thumbsup:

Let me know how you get on i love it sooo much i dont always let on to guests (or hubby) whats in it and they all rave about my cakes!:blush: