PDA

View Full Version : A little fed up!!!

barmouth
29-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I took on a 2yr 8mth little girl back in February, she is so lovely, but have noticed she has communication problems........ I have spoke to mum about this and just asked her if she would take her to see her health visitor. Mum confirmed that she didn't need to nothing wrong with her!!

I am not sure if this is just a coinsidence or not but she has now given me notice and said nan and grandad will be having her.

I have all her profile upto date and am now looking for another full timer to take her place, but it's just so annoying!!!!! I might be wrong but it's weird that she gave me notice.

Did I do the right thing???

Carol M
29-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, you did the right thing in talking to mum about your concerns.
Unfortunately some parents do not want to accept that there may be something that their child may need help with. It's not nice to hear and often parents are in denial, which I can understand to some extent.
It can be so hard to raise concerns with parents and her reaction could be a knee jerk reaction. Sort of " there is absolutely nothing wrong with my child, how dare she suggest it"
I'm so sorry lo has been taken away from you as you could have been able to help but don't let this put you off raising concerns in the future, we have a duty to all children in our care.
Hope you find another mindee soon.
Carol x