PDA

View Full Version : attendance book

juejue
28-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I have been using the NCMA attendance book for years.
My friend who is a childminder said "she bought a deck top dairy and records everything in it"
attendance/time children arrive n leave. menu, petrol, trips, items she has bought, payments etc ......was sick of paying out for books...
She had Ofsted out last month and was told it was fine....even thou the parents were not signing it .
Has anyone else use this type of paperwork
:) x

francinejayne
28-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I have been using the NCMA attendance book for years.
My friend who is a childminder said "she bought a deck top dairy and records everything in it"
attendance/time children arrive n leave. menu, petrol, trips, items she has bought, payments etc ......was sick of paying out for books...
She had Ofsted out last month and was told it was fine....even thou the parents were not signing it .
Has anyone else use this type of paperwork

no but it sounds easier than what I'm currently doing!!

not sure about not getting it signed though?

juejue
28-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi Francine

No that's just it, she doesn't get it signed and OFSTED SAID IT WAS FINE.
Unlike the NCMA attendance book where we have to get it signed every week.

x

jo f
28-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I used to use NCMA but now am doing just that, I put in in/out times, fees, and expenditure as I never used to bother with the odd £ here and there (and am never up to date with accounts), they mount up dont they!
Find it a lot easier hassle free and I am doing very well at remembering to do it!!!!:clapping:

cher25
28-05-2010, 10:59 PM
You don't have to get the attendance book signed by parents. Although it is good practice to do so.

Sounds like a good idea using 1 book for most thing's, so long as you remember to fill it in. lol

juejue
28-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Really. We were always told to get the parents to sign the book. which is a pain cos sometime they don't have time and then the weeks start adding up.
Well....... that was all new to us.
Thanks for letting us know. Will be having a work with our co-ordinators next week

nelly
29-05-2010, 05:53 AM
hi where do you get this from ?

hello kitty
29-05-2010, 07:37 AM
If you offer the Early Education funding though I have just been told to get parents to sign in and out, which is fine as I print off my own attendance sheets with room to sign. No hassle really, each child has their own page for confidentiality and parents are happy to sign. :D

rickysmiths
29-05-2010, 06:23 PM
As long as you are recording the times the child is with you each day that is all Ofsted look at.

However the reason the NCMA Register has a place for parents and you to sign is for Safeguarding reasons. It means that by signing the register each week the parent is confirming that these were the times their child was with you so if there was a dispute in years to come, remember a child is allowed to make a cliaim against you in their own right from the age of 18yrs until they are 21yrs.

I have always used the NCMA registers and have always have them signed and I have been minding for 16yrs. I also mark in the register when they or I am on holiday, the Bank Holidays and if they are off sick.

I must say it has resolved a few disagreements over the years when parents have questioned invoices and because they have signed the register they can't really argue. It is not an Ofsted requirement I have found it a good tool.