PDA

View Full Version : dilemma

margaret
28-05-2010, 08:27 PM
major dilemma ,i know what i should do ,but what would you do.Childminding colleague is minding 4 children under 2.5 without a variation (i have known her a long time and we get on well but do have slightly differing ideas on Education and she doesnt see any point in doing courses as she thinks she knows everything- i dont agree - we are always learning ) ,she is planning on doing this for 10 weeks ,said she cant see any point in getting variation as its up to her what she does - i dont agree - definitley not thinking of children just her pocket- if i report her she will know it was me .She is in her early fifties and doesnt like change she is very good with the children but i can see that she is starting to find the long days difficult.help.....

TammyN
28-05-2010, 08:30 PM
friend or not i would report her, you can stay anon if you want but the children' welfare must come 1st and she really shouldn't be doing this especially as you stated long day's are hard sometimes!!

Trouble
28-05-2010, 08:34 PM
friend or not i would report her, you can stay anon if you want but the children' welfare must come 1st and she really shouldn't be doing this especially as you stated long day's are hard sometimes!!

i agree you can report annonymously:cool:

JJAY
29-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Perhaps you could explain to your friend that while she is doing this her insurance is void. I know a parent that once reported a childminder for going over her numbers and the childminder wasn't expecting a parent to do this. I know it's difficult when it's a friend but rules are there to protect the children.

Pipsqueak
29-05-2010, 11:27 AM
what she is doing is NOT professional and its also invalidating her insurance.
Not good. She is breaching her regulations.

I totally understand your dilemma though. Have you a DO you could talk to?

Mouse
29-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I think you've got no choice but to report her. Does she go out & about with the children? Would anyone else have seen her?

I know people who have been reported to Ofsted and while Ofsted never say outright who it is that's reported them, they have given hints that it was a parent or another cm. Perhaps if you phone anonymously, you could give the impression that you were a parent, then if Ofsted give hints, they'll be giving the wrong ones :littleangel:

margaret
29-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone ,youre all saying exactly what i think and yes she does know what she is doing is wrong ,i was under the impression that she was going to give notice to one child to take on two,and did say this to her but no she wants the extra money and that seems more important than the kids who are not getting what i think is the right care,and yes she is taking them out and told other minders that she has special permission.Will be ringing ofsted Tuesday .

The Juggler
29-05-2010, 04:23 PM
what she is doing is NOT professional and its also invalidating her insurance.
Not good. She is breaching her regulations.

I totally understand your dilemma though. Have you a DO you could talk to?

was just going to say the same thing about insurance. Is it worth pointing out that out to her. Maybe make up that you came across a netmums thread and a CM said that over numbers iwthout a variation does invalidate insurance. Just tell her you thought she ought to know. You could point out in great detail what that would mean if a child had an accident - she'd be personally liable for awards, she'd have no cover/legal representation etc, etc. and she'd then lose her registration. And, how awful for those families if the worst happened and there was no money for them to claim:(

Why on earth is she taking on more work if she's finding the long days.:angry:

If she still doesn't listen, I'd report anon too.:(

caz3007
29-05-2010, 04:27 PM
A minder near me has been registered for years pre Ofsted and she said she can have 4 under 5's, is that right?

beccas
29-05-2010, 04:29 PM
no one can have 4 under five without a variation and then ofsted odnt always grant them you sometimes have to fight unless its continunity of care