PDA

View Full Version : In your experience

sophiemarie
28-05-2010, 01:46 PM
hi all another question I work full-time but would love to go part-time in your experiences what chance do you think i have of getting a couple of part-time children both wanting the same day or am i just hoping for the impossible. I would love to work just 3 days so i could put every thing into my working days but still have time to do family thing on the other 2 for the women who wants every thing lol x

caz3007
28-05-2010, 01:57 PM
At the moment I work 4 mornings and 3 afternoons, but unfortunately dont get a day off at all. But do get a couple of hours 2 afternoons a week. As of 5 weeks I will work 3 days a week, thats with two mindies, one is 2 days and one is 1 day. I would like another LO, but will see what comes along.

I think it just depends on who comes along, but lots of minders locally have one day off a week or seem to

PixiePetal
28-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I have had times when I worked Mon-Wed, depends what comes along. If you want to only do certain days, advertise just those :thumbsup:

I have Fridays off now, I just say I don't work Fridays or there are spaces available Mon - Thurs :) My own kids are teens so don't want to do things with babies/toddlers in the school hols every time.

It's your business so it's up to you:)

huggableshelly
28-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I reduced from 5 to 4 days with ease as my wednesday children moved on so decided that would be my day.

as already said you chose when you want to work and stick to those days and hours.

cs01
28-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I work Mon, Tues & Weds - that just so happens to be the days my 1st 2 mindees needed and I must say it's fab being part time. Feel I have the best of both worlds and it's nice in the holidays as I have a young family of my own and it means we can plan things on those 2 days I'm not working. It also means I have time to go to the dentist, get my haircut etc on my days off.

You'd have to advertise the days you are available and wait for the right mindee to come along I suppose.

Mouse
28-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I only work 4 days at the moment & have managed to fit 4 part time children into those days. Some do 2 days, some 3 days & it all fits nicely together :D

As long as you're prepared to wait for the right thing to come along, it shouldn't be a problem :thumbsup:

sophiemarie
28-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks all. Sounds like it might be possible I feel exhausted and really cant fit every thing in :)

The Juggler
28-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I have 4 children who come Mon-Wed, two come tues and fridays, one comes fridays only and I had a enquiry for a child who needed tues, wed, thurs but Mum happily changed to fit in with my vacancies on mon, wed fri - so, it is possible.

I keep Thursdays off (except for a 10 year old after schoolie). It was originally for studying but now I can have a proper day off (or paperwork most likely :laughing: :laughing: )