PDA

View Full Version : still confused

sophiemarie
28-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi all still confused about what ofsted will expect us to have in place for attendance registers do we have to have timed signing in sheets signed by parents or timed attendances register by us with times in and out or if you have the same children every day at same times will a tick sheet do.:eek:

theplayroom
28-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I recently had this brought to my attention....they recomend you to keep an attedance register, signed by the parents/careers but they are also happy with us keeping an excact record of the childrens times (such as late arrival or illness) in the attendance register (mine is from ncma) to ensure we are never over our numbers etc, but although this wasnt a problem in my inspection i am starting to keep my registers in a file. I hope this is clear! :blush:

caz3007
28-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I use a large diary and write in the arrival and leaving times for each child each day. I tried doing it on sheets and it got too complicated as I have 7 children on my books, so the diary works for me and stays on my desk at all times, which is close to the front door

sarah707
28-05-2010, 01:54 PM
No to a tick sheet! Children arrive and leave at different times and it is these exact times which must be recorded.

Not 745 if that's the time they are due but 746 or 743 depending on when they set foot through your door.

Hth :D

AliceK
28-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I use a registration sheet, one per child per week. I sign them in and out and sign it myself at the end of the week. I used to get parents to sign as well but I kept forgetting and then giving them a whole bundle to sign. If they are due in but away either on hols or off sick I write that in on the appropriate day. Ofsted were happy with this.

xxxxxxxx