PDA

View Full Version : I keep asking questions, but...

Helen Dempster
27-05-2010, 09:55 PM
...here's another one!

What do you all do if you're someone else's emergency childminder? I've been asked if I could be one, but it will obviously take me over my numbers! Is this ok for a one-off, emergency situation, or will I get myself into trouble if I say ok, I'll do it?

I really AM sorry for all the questions lately, I think my brain's in overdrive! Just seems everyone and their auntie wants me at the mo (not that I'm complaining!!!!)

Thanks peeps :thumbsup:

sophiestars
27-05-2010, 10:00 PM
As far as I'm aware, (and I'm sure they mentioned this at my ICP course), this is the only time it is acceptable to be over numbers as it's an emergency and in theory you are just keeping the extra children until their parents come and get them. The parents should be called to come and collect them asap.

singlewiththree
28-05-2010, 05:41 AM
There are 2 types of emergency.

1. a real emergency where you have just found out that a childminder has to go to hospital with one of her mindees and needs you to care for the others until the parents arrive. This one you are ok to be over your numbers for the time it takes for the parents to arrive.

2. One of the childminders own children has been sick and she can't work the parents then ring you to see if you have a space to have their child. If you don't have space then you can't take them which is why its good to have more than one emergency childminder.

When I had to do No2 unfortunately my emergency childminders children had the same bug and the other one didnt have any space so she had to find childcare elsewhere.

sonia ann
28-05-2010, 06:12 AM
1. a real emergency where you have just found out that a childminder has to go to hospital with one of her mindees and needs you to care for the others until the parents arrive. This one you are ok to be over your numbers for the time it takes for the parents to arrive.

2. One of the childminders own children has been sick and she can't work the parents then ring you to see if you have a space to have their child. If you don't have space then you can't take them which is why its good to have more than one emergency childminder.

as above.........