PDA

View Full Version : Would you ask for entrance fee?

ma7ie
26-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I was wondering what everybody else does.

When you take children to soft play centres or suchlike, do you ask parents to pay the entrance fee or do you pay for it yourself.

The reason I'm asking is that a new centre has opened in the next town and the entrance fee is £2.50 per child.

I only charge £2.75 per hour as that is the going rate round here so £2.50 is virtually an hours money for one child.

Am I being stingy? :blush:

Polly2
26-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I would ask for entrance fee - thats a lot of money when you got 2 or 3 kids.

You could offer to put it on their bill???

Or maybe include in your next newsletter (if you do one) that you would like to take the children there and would parents kindly pay the fees as you are covering petrol, snacks etc.

crazybones
26-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I have it in my information pack for parents that if we do something like this they have to pay the entrance fee Have had no problems so far. One of my mums gives me £5 a week in the summer to buy ice creams for all the children and another sends a "mini-hamper" during the school hols with carton drinks and snack stuff for all the children as well.

ajs
26-03-2008, 03:55 PM
i would ask them for the money

one mum gives me £20 which i keep until it's spent if you know what i mean
and others just give me when i ask for it never questioned it or complained either.

i can imagine some mum's being ****y though as money is always an issue for some.

good luck though whatever you decide to do xxxx

sarah707
26-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I ask for money - even if it's £1 for toddlers, I still add it to the invoice.

Why should I pay? I wouldn't go if it wasn't for the children :D

fionamal
26-03-2008, 04:25 PM
As I charge £4 per hour I include soft play in my fees but if we are going somewhere that is pricey then I ask for half the entrance fee.

ajs
26-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I ask for money - even if it's £1 for toddlers, I still add it to the invoice.

Why should I pay? I wouldn't go if it wasn't for the children :D

that's exactly what i say too my own are teens so it's not as if i need to go.

my first mindee's mum refused to pay toddlers fees so i never took him anywhere then she complained that we never went out she didn't last long i am glad to say xxxx

Fifi
26-03-2008, 04:29 PM
If the parents were taking their children, they would have to pay.

Of course you must ask for entrance fees and any other outing fees.

:)

ma7ie
26-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I have got my own dd who is 2 so I suppose we would be going as much for her as any other children which is why I was wondering if I should be paying for mindees too.

Thanks for you advice, it's much appreciated. Didn't want to come across mean. (Hubby just mumbles about not running a charity don't you know!):laughing:

deeb66
26-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't charge for any activities/outings.

Yes I do sometimes feel like I am working for nothing but i think I get it back in many other ways.......

I also put these costs through my books which helps to reduce my income anyway.......would rather spend it on the kids than pay it to the taxman:D

I do put in my contract that if I plan a major outing i will ask the parents to contribute towards the cost otherwise I could end up working the whole day for nothing :(

manjay
26-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't charge for toddlers & Ti a Fi as they are only £1 each and I am taking ds anyway. Anything more than this I would aslo ask for a contribution

amanda xx

wendywu
26-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I dont charge for Toddlers or up to £2.00 per child i dont mind. But remember that i think we are on a higher hourly rate in surrey than in some parts of the country. If we go to the cinema or a theme park then i ask for the money.:)

deeb66
26-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I dont charge for Toddlers or up to £2.00 per child i dont mind. But remember that i think we are on a higher hourly rate in surrey than in some parts of the country. If we go to the cinema or a theme park then i ask for the money.:)

Exactly!

I live quite close to both Chessington world of Adventure and to Thorpe Park and usually plan a day out there during the summer.....I ask parents to contribute towards that as it would cost me an arm and a leg otherwise!

wendywu
26-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Have you been on stealth deeb, i love that ride.:eek: One year we had season tickets and my youngest daughter and i got there when it opened out of season and did it 6 times, front row hands in the air:eek: Brave huh!

manjay
26-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Have you been on stealth deeb, i love that ride.:eek: One year we had season tickets and my youngest daughter and i got there when it opened out of season and did it 6 times, front row hands in the air:eek: Brave huh!

Mad more like:eek:

amanda xx

Banana
26-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I dont charge for small outings like toddler group and soft play at wacky warehouse etc...

but expensive days out a contribution is asked for

x

Trouble
26-03-2008, 07:53 PM
i just put it on their bill at the end of the month and their fine with that

katickles
26-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't charge as i like to get them out & about & interacting with other children. I also think if 1 parent refused to pay the fees while the others did pay i'd be stuck in a situation. If i was planning an a trip that would be expensive them i would ask parents, but the regular places we go to weekly i just pay for.:)

jmoff
26-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I charge...I take my lo but if I have more kids the cost goes up so then I split the cost.

The parents are fine about it , I told them form the beginning.
It is added to their invoice.

Jx

deeb66
27-03-2008, 08:04 AM

You must be mad!

You have got to be joking......I am afraid i don't like those sorts of rides......I am usually the one left standing there taking the pictures and holding all the stuff!

miffy
27-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I must be a bit soft cos I don't charge extra for outings - do limit ones with entrance fees to one a week in the hols though

miffy xx

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 08:49 AM
I dont charge for cheap days out but I do if its more expensive

Angel xx

venus89
27-03-2008, 10:28 AM
How often would you take them out? We live in the middle of nowhere - 30 minutes from soft play, the bach etc. and 1 1/2 hours from Thorpe Park and Chessington (not that I'd take the babies there anyway!). I'm term time only at the moment so I was thinking a trip out in the last week of term every term would be fun, or maybe every half term? I do plan to take them to Mums and Tots etc. on a weekly basis

Michelle M
27-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I dont charge the parents for entrance fees to softplay, I carge £2.70 an hour an wont pay more than £2.50 for a softplay, I wont pay mor than my hourly fee, and that goes for al the childminders in my area. However if we are going to a zoo or something then I will ask a contribution towards the cost, and all my parents pay the full entrance fee. :)

I have just joined the National Trust and added the mindee children to it, so I am hoping to get some good free days out when the weathter is a little better.

Another childminder in my area has joined a gym and her parents pay £5 for them to have membership and she takes them swimming, cant see my parents agreeing to that :)