PDA

View Full Version : Dad just phoned to say going to be an hour late !!

mrs robbie williams
27-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Just had call from mindees (3 and 5) dad to say he's going to be at least an hour late !! i've already prepared dinner for my own children, got no mindees for dinner after school, so what do i do? dish up my childrens dinner and make mindees sit and watch :eek: cant even rustle them up something quick as dad moaned last time he did this and i fed them pizza and chips as it was same situation as today. I dont have healthy meals readily prepared to cook just incase he is late :laughing:

Amanda01
27-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi

I would feed your own children and if possible give the two mindees something to do in another room. It is not fair that your children suffer by being made to wait :)

aly
27-05-2010, 04:02 PM
think i would get them to do some acivity or something and feed my own kids...it's not your fault

gigglinggoblin
27-05-2010, 04:02 PM
feed them pizza or scrambled eggs and bill him for the meal on top of late collection charges. How rude!

Ripeberry
27-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I had something similar yesterday. Mum is a teacher and was on an outing with the school so would be late anyway and dad was flying in from abroad (business trip) and had been away 3 days.
So of course his plane was delayed and he ended up staying just over 1hr.
Dad wanted me to cook mindee a meal, but had nothing in. So just made him beans on toast, he finally went just after 6pm
I will be billing them, late plane or not :mad:

mamasheshe
27-05-2010, 08:27 PM
toast?? cheese on toast??