PDA

View Full Version : New carpet!

allinatiz
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
So this seems like a silly post but I've been living with an awful old 70's carpet since we moved in here.... but no longer!

I feel pleased as I have been so embarrassed by it when I have had potential mindees come to visit, fortunately I still managed to get a few on my books, but now my living room looks so much nicer and cleaner (the carpet was a lovely mixture of browns and creams, and not in a good way!) Of course I went for a most impractical coloured carpet :D but my mindees were already taking shoes off at the door anyway and I feel so much more comfortable with the little ones crawling around on it.

I did risk assessment for when the fitters were here, only a small one, and notified the parent's before the fitting day, is this right?

Karen

angeldelight
12-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Sounds good Karen

Now I bet you have this new carpet you do not want anyone to walk on it ??? Hahaha

XXXX

charleyfarley
13-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Arhhh Karen

I know exactly how you feel about your carpet, I am so embarrassed about ours.

I dread to think how old our carpet is.

It is cleaned monthly though.

We have left our living room last to do as this room is going to be mega expensive.

I am always making excuses for this room

In my defence though they can see what rest of house is like, so they know this room isn't our taste

Glad you've got a new one, lucky devil..

I will get one one day, please

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
13-12-2007, 07:54 AM
i love new carpet layed, you just wanna roll on it ...LOL

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13-12-2007, 08:21 AM
I bet it looks great, you must to really pleased.

Lorraine xx

Polly2
13-12-2007, 08:40 AM
there's nothing like the smell of freshly laid carpet!!

:)

hollyx

Mollymop
13-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi!!
In my last house, we had an old 80's style carpet and it stayed for about 5 years beofre we laminated and it was horrible - reds and browns and swirly. I was embarrased about it as well. Now we have moved house and our carpet is neutral beige colour but I think it has been here years, so thats my next job - New carpet but can't afford it yet.:(
Sandra XX

gailee
13-12-2007, 10:55 AM
:laughing: i had a new carpet 2 years ago its cream and beige and its looking ok still even with my family and mindees! it makes the kids and grown ups take there shoes off when they come in and its still working and no spillaged either ,kids eat/play/paint out in the conservatory that where the mess is!!! which i don't mind its wooden flooring out there

allinatiz
16-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh yes, new carpets are fantastic!

You're right, I don't really want anyone to walk over it but as long as the kids take their shoes off (because lets face it, it's children who normally get the mud/dog dirt all over their shoes and forget to wipe their feet ;) ) it's all good!

Gailee, our house sounds like it has a similar set up to yours, front room carpetted and wooden floor in the conservatory where all the messy things go on :D

Angela234
16-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I had a new mink colour carpet in the living room this year but we also split it and laminated the dining area of our living room (its a 22ft room) are old carpet in the dining area use to get filthy so now the living area keeps nice and clean. We also have a laminated floor in the conservatory playroom The kids always take their shoes of when they come in.

A new carpet makes a room look much brighter and cleaner

You must be so pleased with your carpet

Angela

Rubybubbles
17-12-2007, 02:32 PM
I live in Forces housing and dream of chosing carpets and flooring! Funny enough my carpet is awful!! I've spent the weekend cleaning them, even though the lo take off their shoes I find my pushchair makes so much mess too! And I can;t go in through the back door with the pushchair :( without a struggle.

So jealous

Emma

Sarsar3NCH
20-12-2007, 02:25 PM
We inherited lovely cream carpets throughout our house when we moved in 4 years ago, they were beautiful.

Everyone takes shoes off, no food or drinks (except water) anywhere except tiled conservatory but the carpets get trashed and need regular cleaning (now would be a good time, looking at them today!). I think we have dirt pixies that come in at night!!!!!

Considering getting it all laminated

Sarah

fionamal
20-12-2007, 03:48 PM
We're desperatly needing to Laminate our Livingroom as the carpet we have is awful but it was down when we moved in 5 years ago and its the only room left in the house that we havent replaced yet as its so big. It gets shampooed 4 times a year and I think this will be its last shampoo this weekend.

All going well it will be getting replaced by Easter. Cant wait!

Lou
20-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I dont have any carpet downstairs and i love that. Stone floor tiles in kitchen, and wood flooring everywhere else, well apart from a big rug in the lounge. It means i dont care about spillages etc. so practical and looks good too.

carolinel
20-12-2007, 10:55 PM
We inherited lovely cream carpets throughout our house when we moved in 4 years ago, they were beautiful.

Everyone takes shoes off, no food or drinks (except water) anywhere except tiled conservatory but the carpets get trashed and need regular cleaning (now would be a good time, looking at them today!). I think we have dirt pixies that come in at night!!!!!

Considering getting it all laminated

Sarah

We only allowed water in our lounge as we have a cream carpet, but when we had someone out to clean it they told us that even water will leave a mark. when the carpet gets a damp spot it attracts the dust and therefore leaves a mark.

we had grey marks all over and it had all come from water splashes and baby dribble!