PDA

View Full Version : where do you have your playhouse?

sweets
27-05-2010, 01:03 PM
at the mo i have a little tikes country cottage playhouse on the patio right outside my backdoor, its ok but not very big! i would like one that you could get a little table and chairs in and maybe a little kitchen (ikea 1 )

i have another patio at the bottom of the garden (across grass) that isnt really used as its very shady down there. i was thinking of getting one of the mad dash wooden playhouses and putting it down there.

My only dilemma is that i only have under 5's and having the house by the back door means i can let them go out and play while i am in the kitchen with the door open. my garden isnt long prob 30ft or so but not sure i would want them down the bottom without me being there and also they would have to go across the grass which in winter gets a bit boggy! whereas at the mo the top patio can be used all year round as i can block it off with a couple of chairs.

i would really love to have my top patio free from the little tikes house and have it for me, my table and chairs and flowerpots! its just not big enough for a wooden house anyway.

just wondering where you have your houses and are they used all year round?

angiemog
27-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm now going to have a playhouse at the bottom of my garden. At the mo I have 3 under 2s so I have to be in the garden watching them 100% of the time. We tend to go out after morning snack until just before lunchtime. I do have a small conservatory which the mindees play in (I shut the door to the house) so then they can be in conservatory or the garden. I want a playhouse so I can extend the outside space and as I have read on here many times 'to take the inside outside.'
I know children are supposed to have free access to garden but I do limit it to when we can all be outside together.
x

miffy
27-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I moved my playhouse from the patio to the bottom of the garden last year. I can see into it from the kitchen window so fine if the older ones are out playing.

I didn't get my patio back though - it's still full of other stuff like the sandpit, easel, tuf spot etc :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Alibali
27-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I moved my playhouse from the patio to the bottom of the garden last year. I can see into it from the kitchen window so fine if the older ones are out playing.

I didn't get my patio back though - it's still full of other stuff like the sandpit, easel, tuf spot etc :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Exactly the same here:D

sweets
27-05-2010, 05:17 PM
does it get used the same though with not being on the patio in the main play area?

charleyfarley
27-05-2010, 05:20 PM
My gardens that small I could put it anywhere and still see it from the window:D

I'd love a bigger garden :crying:

Carol xx

miffy
27-05-2010, 06:41 PM
does it get used the same though with not being on the patio in the main play area?

Yes, it does.

I think the 3 and 4 year olds like the fact it's a bit further away - even though I can see into better than when it was on the patio! :laughing:

Miffy xx

little_gems
27-05-2010, 07:10 PM
my playhouse is on the patio which leads straight from the lounge. I also have an awring so when its raining they can still play out.

My playhouse has a full wodden kitchen in and carpet!! then upstairs has covers and cushions

Its quite big inside i can fit in with about 6 mindees.