PDA

View Full Version : how to help your own child adapt to new mindees?

newandlearning
27-05-2010, 12:31 PM
hi all..

I'm looking for some advice .. my own 2yo gets on with all the other mindees except for another new 2yo who has been in our setting for a couple of months. Some times he's really loud around him, hits him and then rushes to give a big bear hug when saying sorry.. the mindee doesn't seem to be connecting with him and vice versa.

they aren't like this all the time but I would love them to get on more as the mum is now saying her lil one is going home saying my lo is hitting him so he doesn't like him.. my lo tends to do this the minute I go the to kitchen .. loo.. yadder yadder...

has anyone else experienced this with their own kids or even other mindees.. and what did you do to help make things more positive?

any advice would be great x:)

AliceK
27-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think it could be a clash of personalities. My DD is 2. Mindee P is nearly 2, they can fight like cat and dog whenever my back is turned, sometimes I have to split them up if I leave the room. Whereas mindee S who is also 2 but a completely different personality gets on great with DD. They never fight and shout at each other. After watching mindee P I'm afraid I can understand WHY DD gets cross with her although mindee is very handy with her fists and usually starts the fighting whereas DD will just shout if she gets cross. Some weeks I feel it's a constant battle with these 2 so you have my sympathies but I'm not sure how to cure it :(

xxxxxx

newandlearning
27-05-2010, 04:57 PM
hi guys.. just wondering if anyone else can offer some advice re if they have this happen to and what they do?:)

monkey62
27-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry not much help from me ... I have never had this situation I have a 6 y and 3 y and ussually they get really well on with a mindees. Hope someone will come along with a better advice.