PDA

View Full Version : Is it just pmt or should i be fed up :)

mrs robbie williams
27-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Hiya
I have posted before a while ago re a problem mindee i have :panic: she is 3 and a bit of handful. Anyway things had started to get better with her and we have got over the 'holding hands' and the 'not throwing ourselves on the floor kicking and screaming when we dont get our own way' :laughing:
But this week as a been a nightmare - seems like we've gone back to square one. Everything I do and report back to the dad seems wrong ie letting them play in the garden running under the sprinkler, obviously i changed her and put some of my ds shorts and t shirt on her and she loved it - but when dad collected he said look of the state of her !! other days he will collect and say for gods sake those socks were clean on when she's been in the garden on the trampoline etc, she was havin a paddy the other day so i said to her you either go in the buggy or behave and she opted for buggy and was happy in there to do the school run - told dad who said 'we dont want her going back to a buggy'. I dont dare tell him if she has a nap in the afternoon after pre school as he goes mad. He is never interested in art work and often says things like that will go straight in the bin :eek: He wants to pick her up with her sister at 5 and feed them and put them straight to bed so doesnt want her sleeping in the day. Although if i happen to mention it to the mum she's always fine about it, same as the buggy, sprinkler etc etc. Anyway mum dropped off this morning and said lo didnt go to bed til 1130 again - no wonder she's always tired and grumpy. Just need to get all that off my chest lol xxxx

Ripeberry
27-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Who signed the contract? Mum and Dad or just Mum? He sounds like a miserable s*d and he's the one with PMT :D
Hope you have a better day.

Merry-Minder
27-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Who signed the contract? Mum and Dad or just Mum? He sounds like a miserable s*d and he's the one with PMT :D
Hope you have a better day.

Exactly what I was thinking.

If mom signed then ask her what she wants doing and misery guts can lump it!!:D

miffy
27-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree, what a charmer :rolleyes:

Hope you have a better day

Miffy xx

sweets
27-05-2010, 11:49 AM
what a grumpy guts dad! next time he says look at the state of her i would laugh and yes she is a bit of a mess but we have had so much fun doing .......? and thats whats important isnt it!

auntym
27-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Im lucky none of my parents expect mine home clean lol. Tell him a messy child is a happy child, as for sleeping, its cruel to keep a shattered child awake and more trouble than its worth lol.
Some parents you just cant keep happy.
I had one parent that went mad once cause her child went home with dirt on white trainers.
I told them we had been playing at park and im not prepared to let them miss out so they dont get dirty. So dont ever bring to mine in best.
Same as pre school would say!
Sounds like you have every right to be peed off at him x

maryp0ppins
27-05-2010, 12:19 PM
what a mardy **** dad. I think clean children look odd in the right circumstance. How can a child have fun along with others if they're sat out on the side watching....

:laughing: i bet you've stuck your v's up at him as he's walked out of the door :laughing:

As for the none sleeping during the day :panic: I've too had parents telling me not to let them sleep, but sometimes enough is enough & a power nap isn't going to interfere with lo's bedtime.:rolleyes:

venus89
27-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not surprised the poor child is a handful with a dad like that!

Can you get her some cheapy spare clothes to wear at your house all day so she can go home in her own, neat home clothes?

The Juggler
27-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd be telling him but sorry, kids are here to play please don't expect them to come home anything less than scruffy and dirty (with clean hands for eating of course).

What a grouch! I agree with others, work with mum and try to get her to talk him round.

sophiemarie
27-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Reckon I must have PMT to because I got mad just reading this why does he think he could be so rude think I would have to say if he is not happy find another childminder or have a go at looking after your own child grrrrrrrrrrrr:angry:

vickieford85
27-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I wonder what parents like this do with their children when they are in their care???
I also wonder what their houses are like spotless I assume :p .

On a more serious note maybe take on board what one of the other ladies said and have maybe have a spare clothes so then the ear ache.
hth
Vickie