PDA

View Full Version : Which playhouse?

angiemog
27-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I have decided I am going to get a wooden playhouse for the garden..... however I'm having a problem deciding which one. I have a lovely husband who doesn't mind how much I spend. I don't have any children so this is just for the mindees. I want it to be no smaller than 5x5 and I am debating whether or not to get a two storey one. I've seen a 5x5 which is £200 but the 2 storey one is £400. Do you think its worth spend double to get a little more space. I really want to use it as another area for them to play in so will have it set up as a home corner which things on walls like white board/black/magnet boards. The upstairs part at the mo would be used as more of a storage space at present cos my mindees are 2 little to be using the stairs (all under 2s).
Any advice??
Thanks xx

SmartKids
27-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I have a wooden playhouse which I bought for my own children 11 years ago and is still in excellent condition. We went for the 2 storey one and they have a dolls cot, baby born bathing centre and bean bags upstairs, whilst downstairs, they have a kitchen, easel and we keep the the trikes etc in there too. They have all loved it. Mine is in a gated play area so that if I am not in the garden, as maybe preparing snack, they cannot access it.

miffy
27-05-2010, 11:48 AM
One of my mums bought her children a two storey one she says it was well worth the extra cost as they spend hours playing in it.

Miffy xx

margaret
27-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a 10x5 two storey playhouse and at the moment use upstairs for storage as all mindees under 2.5,the children love it.

angeldelight
28-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Sounds great

Whatever you decide dont forget to show us the pics

Angel xx

nikim
29-05-2010, 01:21 PM
i got mine from garden buildings direct, cheaper than anywhere else ive seen, quick free delivery ,and excellent after care from thier customer service team, i broke one of the hinges accidently and they sent 2! replacments next day delivery for no charge and the house is 11 months old ,i will try and find a link and add it on :)

nikim
29-05-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses/Mad-Dash-Lollipop-Playhouse , this is the one we have and it was very easy to put up and is quite large inside :)