PDA

View Full Version : Do you attend pre-school activities for mums?

mrs robbie williams
27-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Hiya 3 yr old mindee has a 'mums' morning today at pre-school where the mums go in for an hour and have a play with their children and sing song. Mum cant go as at work in London so has asked me to go - is this normal? xx

PixiePetal
27-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Sometimes nice to do so the child has someone there and good for showing communication with pre school, but shouldn't feel obliged especially if you have other mindees.

If I was being paid in full for the morning while mindee was there I would be more inclined to go than if it was my morning off :D

Mouse
27-05-2010, 08:14 AM
I've done things like that quite often. If it's within my paid time, if it fits in with other children I have, if it fits in with my plans for the day, if the parents has checked it's OK for me and other mindees to go & if I want to do it, I will.

I have been asked to go to school assemblies, sports days, activity morings, christmas plays etc. I'm quite happy to if I can.

I don't go to things if it's not within the contracted hours, if it's not suitable for other mindees or if I have something else planned (eg toddler group). I also don't go if parents take it for granted that I will (ie. you're going to have to go in for X's assembly today as I can't go!), but will always consider it if they ask nicely :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
27-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi

I go to after school showings when i pick the schoolies up to see what they have all been getting upto in school which is nice to see, My youngest DD still attends the school so i would feel awful going to see hers & not the other kiddies. They would love their parents to see their work so i'm the next best person :thumbsup:

Mums do feel guilty when the kiddies say Maryp0ppins saw all my work today :(

Rubybubbles
27-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Thats lovely she asked you to go:) showing very good working in partnership with parents and other setting:thumbsup:

I do attend things as long as it suits around the plans for the day! I am spending nearly all day at school in July on day as sports day, Yr-Y2 morning, Y3-Y6 afternoon:laughing: but I can show support to everyone:thumbsup: It must be so strange to the little ones when there parents can't make it, and they do light up when they see your support

The Juggler
27-05-2010, 10:32 AM
depends whether I was properly asked or more 'told'. I'd go if I could. I've sat at harvest sing songs etc with little ones on my lap but being in the classroom when you have two other babies could be tricky. I'd be more inclined to say no to something like that I think.

You are not obliged to do it though:)

miffy
27-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I would go, especially if the child wanted me to.

Miffy xx