PDA

View Full Version : I'm dreading today

cherry
27-05-2010, 07:03 AM
my 2 1/2 year old leaves me tonight, I've looked after him full time since he was 3 months old.
Mum has had a baby and doesn't know if she will return to work.

I know we'll keep in touch but it won't be the same.

I love my job but this is the bit I really hate.

miffy
27-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Hugs xx it's tough when you have to part, we just can't help getting attached can we?

Maybe mum will go back to work, you never know what's round the corner.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
27-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Ahhhh I know just what you mean Cherry

Hope you are ok and you have a lovely day with the little one today

Sending you hugs

Angel xx

PixiePetal
27-05-2010, 07:27 AM
I know what you mean - been there, done that many times :o

I can't help getting attached, only natural but still not easy to move on.

I still see some of my ex mindees and now they are older, catch them on facebook :D

Shirlwith3
27-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I have one leaving today she is 22mths she has been coming to me since she was 1yrs old, did have her sister too she left end of March will miss lo infact every who knows i.e, hubby & my friends I walk to school with too

Blue Boy
27-05-2010, 09:22 AM
sorry to hear that:( :( We have been in the same position it is hard but thebest thin is to try and make it the best day you have had together. hopefully mum will bring them around to see you :)

Mouse
27-05-2010, 09:42 AM
I've got some leaving next month who'll have been here for almost 5 years. I'm lucky in that I'll still see them at school, but it'll seem strange not to have them coming here anymore.

When children leave, I find I still go to buy the food they like, look at toys they'd like etc. It takes a bit of time to get out of the habit!

I've been so fortunate in having the majority of my mindees from babies until they start school. I always ask mums to let me have a copy of their first school photo and nearly all my files start with a baby photo & end with a school photo.

Enjoy your final day with your mindee.

The Juggler
27-05-2010, 10:31 AM
oh hon, sending a big hug. you can keep in touch though:)

cherry
27-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Well he's gone, dad collected as mum was with the midwife which is a good thing as I don't think we both could have coped with the handing over of all the paperwork, photos and presents. I was very emotional.

But the good news is, is that my family have been invited to mindees nannys party at the weekend so we'll be able to catch up then.:)

TheBTeam
27-05-2010, 03:45 PM
We have a 32month old and his older brother and sister leaving today, and i am actually relieved, will miss the money but!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a nearly 4 year old that i have cared for leaving next week as mum is going on maternity leave and i have looked after her since she was 10months, will miss her as they are moving away too.

Next week is my last week with a 7yr old holiday child as her mum is going on maternity leave, wont miss her, although she is supposed to be bringing the baby to us!

I am having a run of leavers as my college placed 21month old finishes in a couple of weeks, also may return in september but who knows!

PixiePetal
27-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Have a good time at the party :)

My mindee who left for school last Sept is coming on 2 inset days in June :clapping: I had him from 8 months - 4 1/2, really looking forward to seeing him as it has been a few months since we met up. Also current mindee now 3 is pleased too as he is 'so grown up now' they can play better together.

SYLVIA
27-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh I really feel for you. LO i had from 9 mths left when she began primary school as it was outside my area. I lasted 6 weeks before I asked mum if I could take her out for the day on the weekend. We were like long lost friends when we saw each other. The other children miss her so much too.