PDA

View Full Version : whats in your treasure basket?

Joannechildmind
26-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Im looking at putting together a treasure basket and wondered what you have in yours?

i have one mindie who loves touching everything he shouldnt, he loves taking everything out of my handbag and loves little nick nacks he is 19 mths.

jaytravis
26-05-2010, 04:11 PM
hi i have a mixed brushes one , a indian one and a different texure of material which the children love the most

moljak
26-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I have just started putting together a few basket.First one finished is various strips of materials, fleece, cord, cotton, silk ect and a big shiny silver emergency blanket.This is at the bottom and the excitement my 7mth mindee shows when she comes across this is fantastic.If you haven't got one then it's a fab investment.I paid just £2 for 2 off ebay :)

Next one is kitchen utensils including silicon whisk, silicon brushes, holey spoon, fish slice ect.This is on going and I add as I find.

I'm going to make a bathroom one too and add flannels, sponge, pumice stone ect.

Would love to hear what others have though :)

misst104
26-05-2010, 04:35 PM
In mine there is :_

shells (various shapes and sizes)
wooden rings ( again different sizes)
Pine combs
a wooden handled shaving brush
2 wooden egg cups
2 wooden egg shapes
a foot pumice thing in the shape of a fish
a wooden spaghetti measurer
some bells
a bath sponge
some pieces of bark from a tree

Tend to move things around every few weeks or so but that's what's in it today!!!!

xxx JO

Polly2
26-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Theres some ideas here http://www.peep.org.uk/standard.asp?id=300

AnnieM
26-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a treasure basket and a sensory basket, in the treasure basket I have:
4 Shells
Nail Brush
Pumice Stone
Massager Thingy??
Bath Scrunchy
bunch of Keys
Wooden spoon
Measuring spoons
Large Wooden Ring
Large wooden Block
Metal whisk 2 types
Shaving brush
Pastry Brush
3 Large wooden shapes
Onyx Egg
Metal Egg cup
Purse
Honey Dripper
Ribbon
and lots more that I can't think of off hand. It is a large basket!

In the sensory basket I have different types of materials, some fruity smelling balls, some wooden shakers, some discovery bottles, some organza bags with different smelly things in, light up bits and bobs, books about senses, space blanket, mirror, shiny metal ball and other bits I can't remember. :thumbsup:

Joannechildmind
26-05-2010, 07:54 PM
wow thanks everyone i have loads of ideas now.

what do you use as the baskets?

AnnieM
26-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Mine are rectangular wicker baskets with a cream lining from Dunelm Mill £4.99 each, they are about 18" x 12" and about 6" deep.

babs
26-05-2010, 08:25 PM
to all those that put keys in their baskets...
just a little note you might want to know ......

found this out on a course...

A Lead Poisoning Prevention resource states: Sucking on car keys is dangerous. Even handling car keys can leave lead on one's hands . . . Never give a child real car keys or brass items to play with.

miffy
26-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Mine are rectangular wicker baskets with a cream lining from Dunelm Mill £4.99 each, they are about 18" x 12" and about 6" deep.

I've been looking for some new baskets so thank you for that. Haven't been to Dunelm Mill for ages.

Miffy xx