PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

Chell
26-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Has anyone got anything wonderful planned? I need to steal some ideas. :p

I want to make Father's Day things over half term while my school age mindee has more time.

miss mopple
26-05-2010, 12:21 PM
think Im going to do these with my littlies. Not sure about the biggies yet.

http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com/Homemade-Trophy.html

It's a small world
26-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Got a few ideas but for the card going to use ( do you know some wipe packs come with a hard opener like a door??) well we are going to decorate a card and stick this on the front and decorate too. Then we are going to put someone here loves you very much or guess who loves you. Then when they open the door( wipe cover) a picture if Mindee will be inside. I think it sounds nice just hope it turns out ok;)

grindal
26-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I made cress head yoghurt pots of dads and mindees last year. Used a big yog pot for dad - stuck a photo on and used card to make little arms and legs. Did the same for mindees but used little petit filou pots. Planted cress seeds in them and let them grow!

Toothfairy
26-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I like the idea of the card with the door, and I like the idea of the cress pots too.

I may have to pinch those ideas. :D

It's a small world
26-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm quite proud of that idea as well actually as I thought of it myself :clapping: good job I've got loads of 'doors' mght use the idea for something else as well :clapping:

cherry
26-05-2010, 04:28 PM
How about getting the little ones to colour in a shape of a tie, cut it out and laminate it.

We did this last year and the dads loved it.

jo f
26-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Some great ideas love the trophy and wipes door card thingy (genius!)
:clapping:

misst104
26-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know which wipes have this door thing?? I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds nice!

xxx jo

It's a small world
26-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know which wipes have this door thing?? I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds nice!

xxx jo

I know pampers have done them and sometimes supermarket own brands basically rather that pulling the strip back everytime you use a wipe the ones I'm talking about are hard covers to keep them fresher hth

misst104
26-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks Kerrie Louise, Don't think I've seen them but will keep a look out. Great idea btw!!!

xxx jo

sandy64
26-05-2010, 04:57 PM
the cheaper ones do morrisons. cuttie. have hard opening babywipes.
ive bought from baker ross the coasters not sure if to let 2yr old colour it then stick photo on top? for baby if it fits a handprint one side and photo other. need ideas for cards tho.:)

miffy
26-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Last year the children coloured and decorated large letters D,A,D then cut out the middle bits of each letter. We stuck photos of the mindees that I'd taken in the gaps then stuck everything down on an A4 sheet of card, decorated the border and then laminated them.

They looked great and didn't cost much to do.

Miffy xx

It's a small world
26-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Last year the children coloured and decorated large letters D,A,D then cut out the middle bits of each letter. We stuck photos of the mindees that I'd taken in the gaps then stuck everything down on an A4 sheet of card, decorated the border and then laminated them.

Miffy xx

That's lovely

Hebs
26-05-2010, 06:10 PM
i got some dad card cut outs from baker ross, going to get the kids to decorate those,
love the trophy thanks definatly doing that :clapping:

FizzysFriends
26-05-2010, 06:12 PM
When is Father's Day? :blush:

Hebs
26-05-2010, 06:13 PM
21st - ish of june :laughing:

Chell
26-05-2010, 06:24 PM
21st - ish of june :laughing:

20th I think.

Chimps Childminding
26-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Miffy xx

Thats similar to what I did, then we made them into cards!! Not a thank you from any of them :( might just not bother this year :rolleyes: Only got one thank you for the Mother's Day pictures we made too :angry:

Chell
26-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Why do so many Father's Day things have ties on them? Maybe it is just me but I know very few Dads who wear a tie.

My own Dad is car mad, these scratch things would be ideal for card toppers if like me you lack creativity:
http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk/moredetails.asp?itemid=9486&group2id=3386&subxgroupid=3386

Kerrie Louise, how are you going to glue the wet wipe 'doors' on? I've not got a glue gun and am not sure PVA would stick them.

It's a small world
26-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Why do so many Father's Day things have ties on them? Maybe it is just me but I know very few Dads who wear a tie.

My own Dad is car mad, these scratch things would be ideal for card toppers if like me you lack creativity:
http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk/moredetails.asp?itemid=9486&group2id=3386&subxgroupid=3386

Kerrie Louise, how are you going to glue the wet wipe 'doors' on? I've not got a glue gun and am not sure PVA would stick them.

The backs of mine are still sticky so I've kept two together to keep them sticky and hope they still stick when we come to make them iyswim :laughing: otherwise will have to think . I did say I thought of the idea and didn't find it somewhere so haven't actually done them yet but sure i'll think of something lol:laughing:

Chell
26-05-2010, 07:43 PM
My preschool mindee has a pet spider. I have just found instructions to make a googly eyed spider using a loo roll tube. I'll print the words Happy Father's Day and stick them on! I just need something for my own children and reception age mindee (I don't know her Dad!)

The backs of mine are still sticky so I've kept two together to keep them sticky and hope they still stick when we come to make them iyswim :laughing: otherwise will have to think . I did say I thought of the idea and didn't find it somewhere so haven't actually done them yet but sure i'll think of something lol:laughing:

Good plan, I'll start saving my wipes packets. Asda own brand have them, so do Simple wipes (2 for £2 in Morrisons the other day).

I've got a 14mth old for settling in just before Father's Day. I think I'll do a footprint/poem and laminate it for his Dad. That should get some brownie points. :laughing:

Chell
31-05-2010, 08:21 PM
These rosettes look simple, they could be added to a card.

http://*******************/activities/download/1252

hello kitty
02-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Like the rosettes, thanks for that link. :)

Chell
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Diploma certificate - greatest Dad and others (http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/coloring_diplomas.htm)

SammyM
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
We're colouring paper plates red (or using red plates) then sticking on football shapes in a circle and a photo of little one in the middle - they're relatively simple and look great!!

:clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: