PDA

View Full Version : Sooo Dissapointed :(

MrsT333
26-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi
I have just had my application for capital funding turned down.
I joined forces with another childminder and we both submitted a joint application to get some new outdoor equipment and I need access from my playroom door to help with free flow to the garden.
After a weeks wait we had a letter this morning telling us there was a large number of applications and our criteria doesnt benefit enough children or other childminders...:angry: ggrrrrrr
I am a lead childminder, i have dropins at my house and arrange other places for drop ins and stated this, i share my resources with anyone who wants them, but apparently its not enough.
I am so angry.......my eyso is not happy and my local cc manager isnt very happy either as she knows I play a part in the community. So maybe we can come up with something.
I feel like going to the press, ncma, mp's about this. County told me pre-schools and nursey's have more children, so it makes sense for them to have the money, childminders have a small amount of children so not enough children to benefit from the equipment......surely thats discrimination against all our mindees.

Sorry about the rant. Has anyone come across this before, can I appeal?

Toothfairy
26-05-2010, 11:30 AM
:( Thats such a shame.

Beckieboo
26-05-2010, 11:38 AM
How disappointing, i hope you appeal and you get your funding! Its a disgrace that we should be discriminated in this way!!

alison
26-05-2010, 11:39 AM
No advice to add, but in Herts, childminders are not even entitled to apply for it. It is galling when you find out that some childminders in other parts of the country have been getting up to £5000 to develop outdoor provision. - especially when I am accredited to deliver Nursery Education and draw down funding! Some nurseries here do not provide half of the activities or resources I have, and have no outside areas.

I would love to develop a conversation area in a secluded part of my garden, even £500 would go a long way!

Ripeberry
26-05-2010, 12:00 PM
So sorry you've been turned down. Even our local pre-school gets funding turned down for outdoor equipment because we don't have enough kids, but then it's a vicious circle, crap equipment, kids don't come, can't raise money as not enough parents so you end with less kids and even less entitlement to funding :angry:

Then a bigger pre-school down the road gets tons of funding and very good play equipment :(

snufflepuff
26-05-2010, 12:31 PM
No advice to add, but in Herts, childminders are not even entitled to apply for it. It is galling when you find out that some childminders in other parts of the country have been getting up to £5000 to develop outdoor provision. - especially when I am accredited to deliver Nursery Education and draw down funding! Some nurseries here do not provide half of the activities or resources I have, and have no outside areas.

I would love to develop a conversation area in a secluded part of my garden, even £500 would go a long way!

No grants here either unfortunately!
Im sorry they turned you down, i definately think you should appeal.